• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Picasa, Google's free photo organizer

Started by Spht, October 16, 2005, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

This program is very neat.

It automatically finds all photos on your computer and sorts them in an easily navigable form.  From there you can organize them further by giving them labels, caption, date, etc.

Search, slideshow, timeline, gift CD are some useful features I've been having fun with.

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Yegg

Looks and sounds like a pretty promising program to me. And it of course is free too.

Invert

Quote from: Yegg on October 16, 2005, 01:07 PM
Looks and sounds like a pretty promising program to me. And it of course is free too.

It looks cool but I think Google might be spreading itself too thin with all this stuff it's developing.

rabbit

Most of the stuff developed by Google starts off as random code by an employee in their spare time.  Google doesn't go out of its way to make all this random stuff.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Topaz

Picasa used to be to-pay-for software, but I think Google purchased the company that created it.

Newby

Quote from: Invert on October 16, 2005, 01:10 PM
Quote from: Yegg on October 16, 2005, 01:07 PM

It looks cool but I think Google might be spreading itself too thin with all this stuff it's developing.

You are not the only one. If they stick with their search engine, they'll be fine. Mail is cutting it close, but they've gone overboard.

I sense they fear they are going to die, and this isn't helping it.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

CrAz3D

With all of this investment Google has a few billion dollars to play with, I'm sure they're just looking for something to do w/it all
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

Next thing you know, they'll be designing cars.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

Quote from: Topaz on October 16, 2005, 03:58 PM
Picasa used to be to-pay-for software, but I think Google purchased the company that created it.

Yes. Google didn't develop this software, they bought the company that did develop it and made it free. Google has said they'll be doing this (buying software companies to make their software free for the users.) I think that's a great idea.

Google isn't spreading itself too thin, in order to do that you have to be skimping on other things (like in Risk where you only leave 1 or 2 guys to guard a country.) Google is still enhancing their other software, and they're able to develop new applications to continue to compete with rival Yahoo. More power to them, I say, I love the way they're handling this - the userbase gets so much out of it.

SNiFFeR

Yegg

We just mentioned it here:
http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?topic=13046.0
But ya, that's a pretty cool program. I'll have to try it out soon.

Akamas

I disagree, I think Google developing as much as it is, will be a positive result for them.

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

MrRaza

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.