• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Guys, I seriously don't know what to do.

Started by MyndFyre, October 12, 2005, 12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

Quote from: UserLoser on October 13, 2005, 05:48 PM
Suicide saves you all the trouble.  Won't have to worry about what's next

So..why aren't you dead yet?

UserLoser.

Quote from: Networks on October 13, 2005, 05:55 PM

Shut it, pale white boy

l)ragon

Quote from: Networks on October 13, 2005, 12:37 AM
Myndy, I'd go with what you're most passionate about and what you feel you can do the best in. However it does take careful consideration to know where you career is going, I'd suggest talking with someone in the field and how hard it is to get a job (or easy). Talk to people that are lawyers and computer science majors and ask for there input on the field. It's not ALWAYS about the money.

If both pique your interests equally then go with the one that has the best advantage to you.

Computer feild is a pain in the ass to find work because there are somany people in that line of work allready, to get into the areas you most likly want, you either have to know somone within the company your aiming for, or start your own buisness it's costly but I would make a guess and say you could have a 50/50 chance of success pending on what you would be doing. (yes I have heard this story to many times too and it almost makes me sick just typeing it)

Law, and or Accounting would probably be the better choices of these times.

My choices if i were to actually go back to school: if not CS/gfx then to go for a major in Accounting.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Joe[x86]

I'm in the same situation as MyndFyre, except the having to do anything at all. =p

I can't dream of doing anything except programming for a living (working at mcdonalds during high school is not a living =p), but I'd still like to study law. I probably wouldn't do that right out of high school, though.

MyndFyre, I'd go for programming, personally.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

rabbit

Co-major and get a dregree in digital law, or whatever they are calling it these days.  Not exactly programming, but still dealing with computers.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Forged

QuoteLaw, and or Accounting
I know quite a few accountants, and none of them like their job.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

hismajesty

Accounting looks boring.

I want to be an attorney or something in business (CEO!) or maybe even in the stock market (doubt it though, ew @ math.) So, anyway, of course I'm going to say go law!

Networks

Quote from: UserLoser on October 13, 2005, 06:33 PM
Quote from: Networks on October 13, 2005, 05:55 PM

Shut it, pale white boy

I am actually indian so..that doesn't apply to me =\

My mom is a financial analyst which is basically accounting and it's...boring. Pharmacy! lmao

CrAz3D

Too much pressure & instability as a CEO.  It could be good fore a while.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Lenny

Why not patent law?  Most of you don't know it yet, but you don't necessarily like programming itself, but more the engineering/creative aspect of it.

But I'm not sure how many of you want to actually want to spend 8hrs in front of a computer coding something that you have no creative input in...

If you don't know what do to yet, I would suggest you go with engineering.  From that point on, you can basically go anywhere.  It's a very general field.  But make sure you go to grad school...
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Lenny on October 17, 2005, 01:15 PM
Why not patent law?  Most of you don't know it yet, but you don't necessarily like programming itself, but more the engineering/creative aspect of it.

But I'm not sure how many of you want to actually want to spend 8hrs in front of a computer coding something that you have no creative input in...

If you don't know what do to yet, I would suggest you go with engineering.  From that point on, you can basically go anywhere.  It's a very general field.  But make sure you go to grad school...
Someone did mention patent law to me recently.  I hear that in Phoenix, 2 guys who just finished law school went into work and were both millionaires by their late 20s.  Doesn't sound that interesting, though.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Elneroth

Whoa, I, myself, have also been pondering the decision between those two fields for some time now.

Gotta catch em all! Gotta catch em all! (jk)