• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sim City Katrina New Orleans

Started by UserLoser., September 04, 2005, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeTaiLs

Blaze

I love that game, I didn't even know how to play for almost a month of playing it... :P
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

QwertyMonster

Trance

Ah good ol' sim city 2000... I still play sim city 4 every now and then, great game to kill time with .. too bad sim city 4 doesn't believen disasters like 2000 did.

Newby

If you truly find this funny, I hope your state is hit by some huge natural disaster and left completely wrecked so that you can be the butt end of cruel jokes for a good year or so.

This is not funny; this is downright offensive. Do you think those people could help the fact that the hurricane hit them?

(As in, stop it from flooding their state?)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hdx

Quote from: Newby on September 05, 2005, 09:15 PM
If you truly find this funny, I hope your state is hit by some huge natural disaster and left completely wrecked so that you can be the butt end of cruel jokes for a good year or so.

This is not funny; this is downright offensive. Do you think those people could help the fact that the hurricane hit them?

I hope my state gets hit by a desaster to!
thad be awsome.
I'd be the guy sittin on the roof with a fishing pole, 2 2-liters of Mt. Dew, and a fishing net!
The thing is, they had like 2~ weeks warning for the hurricane, that is PLUNTY time for them to get EVERYTHING valuble out of there houses,
it only takes 3 days to drive across the eintire country (i've done it) there is NO reason people should of died/lost so much. It's there own fucking fault. Yes, there nothing you can do about houses, but thats what you have insurance for!
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Falcon[anti-yL]

Yea its there fault for not taking it seriously and staying in New Orleans, but its not right to laugh at them for it...

Mangix

Quote from: Newby on September 05, 2005, 09:15 PM

UL's second link is funny.

Newby

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on September 05, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yea its there fault for not taking it seriously and staying in New Orleans, but its not right to laugh at them for it...

The original post made fun of the fact that New Orleans is underwater.

It never made fun of the fact that people stayed there.

I hope your city is buried in 25 feet of water. I would love to see how you'd take to losing your house.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Mangix

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on September 05, 2005, 09:34 PM
The thing is, they had like 2~ weeks warning for the hurricane, that is PLUNTY time for them to get EVERYTHING valuble out of there houses,
it only takes 3 days to drive across the eintire country (i've done it) there is NO reason people should of died/lost so much. It's there own fucking fault. Yes, there nothing you can do about houses, but thats what you have insurance for!

rofl get your facts straight. Katrina wasnt supposed to hit New Orleans. it was supposed to go near Florida and then back into the ocean. but it went into the Gulf of Mexico and pretty much fucked up New Orleans. The real truth is that the people had ~2 days not 2 weeks to evacuate. that is NOT plunty of time to get everything and evacuate. you should search wikipedia more often :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina

edit:@Newby: i believe that there were plenty of articles that had already predicted that Katrina would happen. PBS's show Nova had an episode about the hurricanes(i watched it online) and it did involve the conspiracy that is Katrina. According to my dad, The Smart people went out of the state before the hurricane arrived and stayed at a hotel or a friend's house and watched TV when it happened. The Dumb people stayed there cause they didnt read newspapers so they didnt know that this could have happened. then again there is the fact that the federal goverment cant mess with the local goverment and that delayed a lot of stuff :P