• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

This was emailed to me, pretty true

Started by hismajesty, August 11, 2005, 01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Got to leave part of Mexico open, that way we can get our fields picked around here
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hazard

Shit man, I'd put Canada on list 2.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

CrAz3D

I don't know...maybe list 2.5, list 3 would be Switzerland-ish people who do jack about everything

(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Mephisto

I'd just want to say that I think some of the things stated in that email are quite irrational and one-sided and not thought-through.  It also appears to be from a completely conservative perspective, and I'm not denoting conservatives, just pointing out the one-sidedness of it.

I'd also like to state that the oil from Alaska would not take away our dependence of oil from other countries as it is a very insignificant amount to the amount of oil consumed daily in America and the world.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Mephisto on August 11, 2005, 10:51 PM
I'd also like to state that the oil from Alaska would not take away our dependence of oil from other countries as it is a very insignificant amount to the amount of oil consumed daily in America and the world.
link?
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

There's a max estimated amount of 16 BBO, billion barrels of oil,  in the 2000 acre area. If I recall correctly the average amount in the area was ~7 BBO.

Resources:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0028-01/fs-0028-01.htm
http://www.anwr.org/

Adron

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 11, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think we should just close our borders, screw the rest of the people. The only thing we need the rest of the world for is military bases, trading, and cheap labor.

But as the rest of the world grows independent of you, you'll suddenly not be able to get good trade or cheap labor. Closing you borders might well be to the better of the world! No longer will Imperialistic America be sucking the life force out of all the poor countries!

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on August 12, 2005, 09:38 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 11, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think we should just close our borders, screw the rest of the people. The only thing we need the rest of the world for is military bases, trading, and cheap labor.

But as the rest of the world grows independent of you, you'll suddenly not be able to get good trade or cheap labor. Closing you borders might well be to the better of the world! No longer will Imperialistic America be sucking the life force out of all the poor countries!
Exactly, that's why I don't think we can totally close the borders. We need the cheap Mexican labor, but that's about it I suppose
(ré-bun-dance)

Mephisto

I seriously doubt with the way America has made itself as of now could we close our borders to countries around the world.  Just think about our dependence on goods from China/Japan.  Look at all the items you have at home and check to see where it has been made from.  I doubt a large portion of it is from America.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean by closing our borders, but I don't think we can "close our borders" to other countries and still expect trade, cheap labor, and military bases from them.

CrAz3D

If we close the borders to Chinese PEOPLE they'd still give us their good because they need to sell them otherwise they fall to pieces.  We wouldn't stop trade
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Quote from: Mephisto on August 12, 2005, 12:01 PM
I seriously doubt with the way America has made itself as of now could we close our borders to countries around the world.  Just think about our dependence on goods from China/Japan.  Look at all the items you have at home and check to see where it has been made from.  I doubt a large portion of it is from America.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean by closing our borders, but I don't think we can "close our borders" to other countries and still expect trade, cheap labor, and military bases from them.

I mean close our borders to immigration, not become isolationists as far as trading and such. Adron, I highly doubt many countries around the world share your views, that's why so many people immigrate here.

Hostile

eh Topaz thats not true. US is the best equipped. We'd just fallback to nuclear if any other major nation tried anything on us.
- Hostile is sexy.

Hostile

As for oil, I wish we just looked for alternative solutions to this crap anyways.
- Hostile is sexy.

Mephisto

Quote from: Hostile on August 12, 2005, 06:15 PM
As for oil, I wish we just looked for alternative solutions to this crap anyways.

Agreed, and eventually we'll have to.  Funny how so many people think that we can just keep drilling oil from the ground forever.

Hostile

Even if we could we'd kill our atmosphere anyways. Good luck finding a new atmosphere!
- Hostile is sexy.

|