I bet money on teh if he plays :p

Invert

Quote from: rabbit on August 04, 2005, 10:13 PM
Computers are better  ;D

We are talking about human v.s. human

R.a.B.B.i.T

Nobody every said that!

Rule

And computers aren't better.  When both are playing at their best (in a reasonably timed game), the human will win (assuming a top rated human player).

K

Quote from: Invert on August 04, 2005, 09:45 PM
Quote from: Blaze on August 03, 2005, 01:15 PM
I'm in, I have been playing for 7(and a half) years.

I learned chess in kindergarten. I was born in the Soviet Union, Russians are gods of chess. Bow down.

QuoteThe Soviet pre-eminence in chess can be traced to the average Russian's readiness to brood obsessively over anything, even the arrangement of some pieces of wood.  Indeed, the Russians' predisposition for quiet reflection followed by sudden preventive action explains why they led the field for many years in both chess and ax murders.  It is well known that as early as 1970, the U.S.S.R., aware of what a defeat at Reykjavik would do to national prestige, implemented a vigorous program of preparation and incentive.  Every day for an entire year, a team of psychologists, chess analysts and coaches met with the top three Russian grand masters and threatened them with a pointy stick.  That these tactics proved fruitless is now a part of chess history and a further testament to the American way, which provides that if you want something badly enough, you can always go to Iceland and get it from the Russians.

Rule

Newby

QuoteFalcon  vs  TehUser

Bye Falcon!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Invert

Quote from: K on August 05, 2005, 02:51 AM
Quote from: Invert on August 04, 2005, 09:45 PM
Quote from: Blaze on August 03, 2005, 01:15 PM
I'm in, I have been playing for 7(and a half) years.

I learned chess in kindergarten. I was born in the Soviet Union, Russians are gods of chess. Bow down.

QuoteThe Soviet pre-eminence in chess can be traced to the average Russian's readiness to brood obsessively over anything, even the arrangement of some pieces of wood.  Indeed, the Russians' predisposition for quiet reflection followed by sudden preventive action explains why they led the field for many years in both chess and ax murders.  It is well known that as early as 1970, the U.S.S.R., aware of what a defeat at Reykjavik would do to national prestige, implemented a vigorous program of preparation and incentive.  Every day for an entire year, a team of psychologists, chess analysts and coaches met with the top three Russian grand masters and threatened them with a pointy stick.  That these tactics proved fruitless is now a part of chess history and a further testament to the American way, which provides that if you want something badly enough, you can always go to Iceland and get it from the Russians.

blah blah blah...The best player in the world is Garry Kasparov.

shout

Rule vs Shout

FUCK!

Invert

hismajesty

Topaz

I DEMAND SEX WITH TRUST.

OT:
Deep Blue > Grandmaster

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: Newby on August 05, 2005, 03:23 AM
QuoteFalcon vs TehUser