• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Chess

Started by Dynobird, July 28, 2005, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

I'm in, I will be using yahoo

Hdx

Im game, And Does Yahoo allow for spectators? If so I got fraps.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

R.a.B.B.i.T

I'll use yahoo too, and yes, it allows spec.

shout

I'm in. Btw I suck.

hismajesty

Topaz

IMMMM IN!

AIM: Vesalius X

Coordinate :-P

Rule

Ok, yahoo it is.  There are others I've talked to who will also be involved. 

In a day or so, I'll put up a tournament site on valhallalegends.com/rule,
with a list of those involved, and the pairings for the first round.

hismajesty

I'm not good, have an easy level. :)

Dynobird

Wow I didn't know so many people here played chess! Of course I'm in! :)

Yes, I like yahoo because that way we can see eachother in the game rooms and talk to eachother easier. We can enter an empty game room (there are always a few game rooms that have only like a few people in it) and play there. Other chess servers aren't as good at allowing users to talk to eachother and see eachother in the game room.

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Dynobird

If it's possible, can you make the tournament in the afternoon? I have Drivers Ed from 9:30 am - 1 pm for the next two weeks. =(

Rule

Sorry about the delay on the website.  I've been really busy with work.  I'll try to have it up soon.

You won't need to worry about a "specific time" as Dynobird has suggested -- I will post the players, and the pairings for round 1, then it is up to those paired against
one another to discuss a time they can play that is within a given timeframe.  The time they decide on should be sent to me (via PM),and I'll make it available on the site incase anyone else wants to watch.

Since there are probably some fairly large differences in skill level amongst us, I will then have a 'winners' and 'losers' bracket from the first round, where people will play against one another in their own bracket.  That doesn't mean if you lose the first game you can't win the tournament  :P.  Eventually the two highest rated players will face off in the final.

Also it will be possible to switch brackets.  I'll explain this in more detail on the site later.

Blaze

I'm in, I have been playing for 7(and a half) years.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Topaz

Quote from: Blaze on August 03, 2005, 01:15 PM

Ohh, shit.

Invert

Quote from: Blaze on August 03, 2005, 01:15 PM

I learned chess in kindergarten. I was born in the Soviet Union, Russians are gods of chess. Bow down.

|