• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Unbanned Cdkeys

Started by pianka, July 12, 2005, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwertyMonster

I idle for a whole day but never night as my pc over heats too.

About unbanned keys:

I went into a channel, to find it massed with winbot and the person who had loaded them  told me, "Shit i didnt know i had that many keys". I can see battle.net get mass flooded and all keys just going back to being muted / banned. I must have like 5000 unmuted cdkeys now, but i haven't touched a cdkey for a long time. :P

Insolence

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Networks on July 13, 2005, 09:28 AM
Please, we all used to, let the newbies have their fun.
No, we didn't *all* used to. 
Quote from: PiaNKA on July 13, 2005, 10:41 AM
Loading was fun before we had to move to Clan and then Op channels (even worse with Warcraft III clans). That's what made Battle.net interesting years ago. We all just sit around and talk and program and make fun of idiots who flood bot *sigh*
My clan was almost destroyed around the time that I joined because of assholes who had flood bots ( {bA} ).  But that didn't make it interesting, it made it stressful.  Battle.net was interesting (and still is) because of friends there, good times gaming, etc.

The fact that you think it could still be interesting with flood bots and loading shows me just how much of a petty child you still are.
I don't understand this, how could your clan get ruined just by losing your channel?

You could move to other channels, or even IRC if it was that big of a problem.  Also, if your clan only revolves around ranks and not gaming, why even go on Battle.Net?

Soul Taker

The irony of defending people that load mass bots by saying people that don't focus on gaming shouldn't even be on Battle.net is pretty astounding.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Insolence on July 14, 2005, 04:31 AM
Quote from: MyndFyre on July 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
My clan was almost destroyed around the time that I joined because of assholes who had flood bots ( {bA} ).  But that didn't make it interesting, it made it stressful.  Battle.net was interesting (and still is) because of friends there, good times gaming, etc.
I don't understand this, how could your clan get ruined just by losing your channel?

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 13, 2005, 07:19 PM
At the time, our Battle.net channel was our clan's means of sustenance and social activity.  We didn't have a forum.  We didn't really even have an e-mail list.
IRC wasn't really an option (I don't think many of us knew what it was).  Some of us had ICQ, but I never liked it, and I suspect others didn't either.

This was before the time of Clan and Op channels.  We tried several channels, but it wasn't as if {bA} couldn't find us.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

hierholzer

Anymore it seems to me like Clans are just many people idleing in a channel. I remember back in the day where we just were in channels or clans to meet up to play the game.

Archangel

Quote from: hierholzer on July 14, 2005, 03:39 PM
Anymore it seems to me like Clans are just many people idleing in a channel. I remember back in the day where we just were in channels or clans to meet up to play the game.

Thats why i am on a Mexican Clan, lol, they just meet to play ;).
I'm not an Addict.

Sujak

Well as of Monday, July 18th 7:03PM central time all keys that were voided/muted are now voided/muted once again. Seems they fixed their little bug.

Archangel

Actually, my D2 Game Key that was never muted/jailed got jailed.
I'm not an Addict.

ColT

Quote from: Archangel on July 18, 2005, 07:06 PM
Actually, my D2 Game Key that was never muted/jailed got jailed.

Same here.

Warrior

Quote from: Warrior on July 12, 2005, 04:56 PM
or some idiot at the office pushed the wrong button? :p

TOLD YOU.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Archangel

I'm not an Addict.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Yup, my gaming account is now voided, for gaming I guess...

ColT

Now I can't WC3, and I found that game fun! + all my StarCraft keys are banned now I can't idle in Op Dark-Elements@USWest, and I was trying out for them :(

iago

Wow, why do you guys need hundreds or thousands of keys? Compensating for something? Or just enjoy the feeling of having a key that's been with many people before? Your keys are whores...

I have somewhere between 10 and 20 keys ranging from War2 to Starcraft to Warcraft 3 (but not Diablo or TFT).  As far as I know, I'm the only person who uses any of them, and none of them have ever gotten banned or muted or anything.  It's nice having a small, clean set.

Whoever was testing a lot of keys -- if you're using proxies, why does it matter how many computers you have access to?  If it's going through the same proxy, it's going to be on the same IP no matter which computer it was.  Or, perhaps the computers you have access to are addressable on the Internet (not NAT'ed), in which case, you shouldn't need proxies.  Care to explain why you need both access to many computers and an extensive list of proxies?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Blaze

I got this a couple of days ago when I tried to get my cdkey unbanned:
Quote from: [email protected]
Hello,

We are using a different method of unmuting CD keys and their requests.  Unfortunately at this time we are still investingating a possible problem.  When it has been sorted out, we will send you a new email with the status of your unmute request.  Thank you for your patience.

Brett D
Battle.net/World of Warcraft Technical Support
http://www.battle.net
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

-----Original Message-----
To: web.support@blizzard.com
Sent: 6/9/2005 12:47:04 PM
Subject: Request to be Un-Muted - USWest

Account Name: BlazeyBoy
Account Realm: USWest
Game Title: StarCraft/Brood War
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!