• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Unbanned Cdkeys

Started by pianka, July 12, 2005, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elneroth

Quote from: Sujak on July 13, 2005, 01:03 AM
Quote from: LordNevar on July 12, 2005, 05:59 PM
I am currently only testing Starcraft and Diablo II cdkeys, I do not have the excess use to test multiple games at this time, so until I am done with Starcraft and Diablo II I will move on to testing warcraft II, Warcraft III, and Japan Starcraft cdkeys. I estimate that due to the amount of key's, and the amount of proxies it will take it will be about a week before I am completely done.
Japan Starcraft cdkeys are normal cdkeys just with the Japan client or bot which can do this. Who knows this could be Blizzard giving everyone "another" chance and to try out their new plan of muting process. Which ever the case Blizzard has made many people very happy.

Acually, what I think, is that now all the kids with no lifes on Battle.net will grab their list of thousands of banned cdkeys and begin to 'load' channels again. This will make us all very happy indeed...

Archangel

Japan Starcraft cdkeys are normal cdkeys just with the Japan client or bot which can do this.
eehhh?
Starcraft keys work for: SEXP/STAR/JSTR Game Protocols.

[Edit1: Elneroth post:]
Well, actually, this is not very cool. Loaders are comming again to ban the keys.
I'm not an Addict.

LordNevar

I agree, Loading is pointless and a waste of cdkeys in general along with flooding. Why I have so many I honestly couldn't answer that, just started collecting them when I started bnet and haven't stopped. The only keys I really care for are Diablo II keys, for which I use to run multiple bots, and later sell the items off too people who can't find them themselves. It's a little extra income, and it serves it's purpose at times.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

Sujak

Quote from: Archangel on July 13, 2005, 01:09 AM
Japan Starcraft cdkeys are normal cdkeys just with the Japan client or bot which can do this.
eehhh?
Starcraft keys work for: SEXP/STAR/JSTR Game Protocols.
Normal starcraft keys "that you get from your box" are "STAR/SEXP/JSTR" keys for JSTR you just need a bot that can get onto JSTR or by starcraft in japan.

darkxir

That's basicly what he just said, but oh well. I'm glad my SC keys are un-muted, However..I'm not thrilled at the possibility of users taking advantage of this and loading/flooding channels again. [off topic] Why is this in Bot Dev forum?

BaDDBLooD

Quote from: darkxir on July 13, 2005, 05:59 AM
That's basicly what he just said, but oh well. I'm glad my SC keys are un-muted, However..I'm not thrilled at the possibility of users taking advantage of this and loading/flooding channels again. [off topic] Why is this in Bot Dev forum?

Well alot of bots use cdkeys, so i guess that affects the development of bots, and there is no other forum that this really fits into to.... so =\
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Networks

Quote from: darkxir on July 13, 2005, 05:59 AM

Please, we all used to, let the newbies have their fun.

Hell it may bring some life to battle.net, I think that was the stuff my inner child still wants enjoys to see every now and again. I don't personally load but it's fun to see stuff like that happen.

Archangel

LOL, maybe you are right, lets bring the kids back ;). Like almost all battle.net is from 15 to 51, we need younger people to continue the tradition! ^^.
I'm not an Addict.

pianka

Loading was fun before we had to move to Clan and then Op channels (even worse with Warcraft III clans). That's what made Battle.net interesting years ago. We all just sit around and talk and program and make fun of idiots who flood bot *sigh*

Archangel

Quote from: PiaNKA on July 13, 2005, 10:41 AM
Loading was fun before we had to move to Clan and then Op channels (even worse with Warcraft III clans). That's what made Battle.net interesting years ago. We all just sit around and talk and program and make fun of idiots who flood bot *sigh*

Actually the channel limit screwed all. ;).
I'm not an Addict.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Networks on July 13, 2005, 09:28 AM
No, we didn't *all* used to. 
My clan was almost destroyed around the time that I joined because of assholes who had flood bots ( {bA} ).  But that didn't make it interesting, it made it stressful.  Battle.net was interesting (and still is) because of friends there, good times gaming, etc.

The fact that you think it could still be interesting with flood bots and loading shows me just how much of a petty child you still are.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Networks on July 13, 2005, 09:28 AM
No, we didn't *all* used to. 
My clan was almost destroyed around the time that I joined because of assholes who had flood bots ( {bA} ).  But that didn't make it interesting, it made it stressful.  Battle.net was interesting (and still is) because of friends there, good times gaming, etc.

The fact that you think it could still be interesting with flood bots and loading shows me just how much of a petty child you still are.

And your last post shows how seriously you take battle.net. Bots aren't such a big deal. Do your thing, they'll do theirs. Everyone will get over it.

Networks

I think of a lot of us would be happy if it came back even remotely. A lot of us went into bot development to see how far we could go. Gaming, talking, etc. MyndFyre has its limits which is part of reason why you hardly get on battle.net even to idle anymore =\ (I think)

It was good fun I have to say...we all move on I suppose one day.

Archangel

I have to agree, it was funny, but how many cdkeys we screwed up?
How many kids couldn't play starcraft no more on bnet?
I'm not an Addict.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Networks on July 13, 2005, 01:20 PM
I think of a lot of us would be happy if it came back even remotely. A lot of us went into bot development to see how far we could go. Gaming, talking, etc. MyndFyre has its limits which is part of reason why you hardly get on battle.net even to idle anymore =\ (I think)

No, the reason I hardly get on anymore (even to idle, as you say) is because my primary clan (AoA) is mostly on WoW now.

The reason I even got into bot development is to make something that worked specifically for my clan (AoA) at the time.  Of course, I was programming for a couple years before that.  But I wondered after Warcraft III came out, "Why isn't there a command like .clan invite <so-and-so> so I don't need to be on my Shaman account all the time?  What about some way to track our Battle.net profiles?"

I don't know how long you guys have been with your clans, but even x86 is a different kind of clan than AoA is.  We're not hardcore gamers, we're mostly hardcore AoA.  We're social, and although all of the people who started the clan have moved on at some point or another, almost all of us are either people who were there in the second year (of our 7 years total), myself included, or relatives (younger siblings/cousins/etc) of people who were there when it started.  Even now, some of the founders have come back to talk to us now and then; one is a Maj. General in the Canadian army.

At the time, our Battle.net channel was our clan's means of sustenance and social activity.  We didn't have a forum.  We didn't really even have an e-mail list.

As far as why I don't idle: 1.) my computer generates too much heat to leave on at night, and 2.) I restart it frequently.  I suspect that once I get XP Media Center going, I'll be playing games on that and stop rebooting so much.  Or, if I finish the project I'm working on, I can run my BNCS server from my mom's computer and be happy.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

|