• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

IOC is... Retarded

Started by Hazard, July 08, 2005, 07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazard

The IOC has chosen to drop baseball and softball from the 2012 London games.

Personally, I don't mind dropping the basbeball so much. But why did they drop the softball? Could it be because the American team is unbeatable in softball, and the Europeans were the ones leading the charge to have it dropped? Its sad when they have to dull down a country's victories by simply removing their sports from the games. French people fuckin' suck, by the way.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

R.a.B.B.i.T

Professional sports shouldn't be in the Olympics anyway.  There isn't a National 100 Meter Dash League or a Long Jump Assossiation of <county>, and that's because they are in the Olympics.  Activities that have national league and an Olympic field are just greedy :P

CrAz3D

Volleyball, cycling, football, gymnastics, boxing, judo, wrestlting, those are all Olympic sports that I think are 'professional'
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Banana fanna fo fanna

Swimming, too, is professional, though it doesn't have a big fan following.

However, what pisses me off is Europe's beloved soccer is _just_ as professional and commercial as baseball, yet is still on the list.

CrAz3D

Why would they only remove softball & not baseball?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Topaz

There aren't too many leagues besides America's that play baseball and softball.

CrAz3D

That ain't the point, why would they take it away...:;(
(ré-bun-dance)

Topaz

Conserve time and money?

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Banana fanna fo fanna

So we'll keep Badminton?

Topaz

Everyone loves Badminton! :(

ColT

Quote from: Topaz on July 08, 2005, 12:20 PM
Everyone loves Badminton! :(

I hate it with a passion. But then again I am in Canada <3

Hazard

They obviously decided to get rid of the sports we dominated. Oh well.

If you're talking about getting rid of professional sports, you should have read what is in that article. They wanted to get Rugby in. Thats a pretty professional sport in EUROPE. They're trying to get the sports they're good at in and the sports they suck ass at out.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

MyndFyre

I noticed they didn't remove hockey from 2010 or 2014 winter olympics, and that's a VERY professional sport (aside from right now, where the "professionals" are acting more like children).
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 08, 2005, 01:12 PM
I noticed they didn't remove hockey from 2010 or 2014 winter olympics, and that's a VERY professional sport (aside from right now, where the "professionals" are acting more like children).

Just because it is a professional sport doesn't mean there have to be any professional people ;)

Also, wtf, "With two slots open on the program, the IOC voted from a waiting list of five sports: golf, rugby, squash, karate and roller sports."
GOLF!?  Roller sports!?  X-games for blading people, you already have some retarded form of skating in a circle..
(ré-bun-dance)