• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Terrorism in the London

Started by Lenny, July 07, 2005, 04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Topaz

The Civil War? Pearl Harbor? The American Revolution?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Topaz on July 08, 2005, 02:03 PM
The Civil War? Pearl Harbor? The American Revolution?
He asked when the LAST time we fought on American soil was...

I think the last time would have to be now, agains terrorism
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

R.a.B.B.i.T

We have not had soldiers take actions against any terrorists in the United States.  The last battle on American soil was in World War 2.

CrAz3D

Fighter jets were in the air...
civilians took out the one plane in PA
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

The fight against terrorism isn't a "war".  Neither is the "war on drugs". 

40 people died in England.  That's not very many.  More people die from drinking and driving and starvation, easily, but I don't see any wars against those. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on July 08, 2005, 07:07 AM
Adron, bin Laden was behind the 93 attacks on the WTC, FYI. Facts not quote straight?

But the actual people doing the attacks were different ones. Chances are the people involved in an attack 8 years later were actually recruited after the attack in '93. To be able to keep attacking, there needs to be people around that are pissed off enough to give their lives to The Task. If people were happy where they were, they wouldn't go suicide bombing....

iago

Quote from: Adron on July 08, 2005, 05:47 PM
Adron, bin Laden was behind the 93 attacks on the WTC, FYI. Facts not quote straight?

But the actual people doing the attacks were different ones. Chances are the people involved in an attack 8 years later were actually recruited after the attack in '93. To be able to keep attacking, there needs to be people around that are pissed off enough to give their lives to The Task. If people were happy where they were, they wouldn't go suicide bombing....

It seems to me that even if somebody was mildly upset, they stil woudn't go suicide bombing.   You need somebody who is down right pissed off and full of hatred to do that. 

Warrior

Actually I was watching this documentary that showed suicide bombers were incredibly relaxed and seemed happy with life with a wife and kid. They do it to protect in what THEY believe in.

We try to change how they think and they arn't going to back down, you can't force beliefs into anything so they are taking offense to that.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

No shit that the bombers change from each attack...they are generally suicide bombers
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 08, 2005, 06:51 PM
No shit that the bombers change from each attack...they are generally suicide bombers

Yeah, exactly. So they need to have pissed off people available to recruit new bombers from. The same old suicide bombers can't keep attacking over and over ;)

Hazard

Why are they pissed off? Brainwashing.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Topaz

Have you heard the phrase "One death is a tragedy, a thousand is a statistic"? I think that totally applies here.

Adron

Quote from: Topaz on July 08, 2005, 10:34 PM
Have you heard the phrase "One death is a tragedy, a thousand is a statistic"? I think that totally applies here.

It doesn't quite apply to terrorism. For terrorism it's more like: A death here is a disaster, a thousand deaths elsewhere is a statistic. Examplified by American reporters talking about the disastrous tsunami, and how it was almost as bad as the 9/11 attack.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: Adron on July 08, 2005, 07:21 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on July 08, 2005, 06:51 PM

Yeah, exactly. So they need to have pissed off people available to recruit new bombers from. The same old suicide bombers can't keep attacking over and over ;)
Not true.  There was an interview on NPR about 2 months ago (I think Fresh Air) with a guy who had cataloged every single terrorist act in the world since 2000 (sorry, I forget his name, I'll try to find it).  There were over 6000 terrorist attacks, and only about 350 were suicide attacks.  Also, the largest terrorist group is the Shamal(?) Tigers in the Tibet region.

iago

Quote from: Hazard on July 08, 2005, 10:18 PM
Why are they pissed off? Brainwashing.

Why do Americans fear them so much? Brainwashing.

Why do Americans think that their way of life is the only way to be happy? Brainwashing.

|