• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Terrorism in the London

Started by Lenny, July 07, 2005, 04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hazard

CrAz3D really isn't a moron, he's just misguided. I'd like to add that none of you really know what would happen if we were to drop a few in the Middle East, nobody does. I'd like to add that none of you really have a better solution than Crazed so its not really too smart to just blast his ideas without offering other viable solutions. Oh yea, and if anybody says "Lets talk it out" *COUGH ADRON ARTA COUGH* I will slap the taste out of your mouth.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

EpicOfTimeWasted

Quote from: Hazard on July 07, 2005, 02:24 PM
I'd like to add that none of you really know what would happen if we were to drop a few in the Middle East, nobody does. I'd like to add that none of you really have a better solution than Crazed so its not really too smart to just blast his ideas without offering other viable solutions.

Uhh, we don't know what would happen if a few nukes were dropped in the middle east?  Apparently you've missed the news about the US led efforts to disarm the Iraqi dictator accused of using chemical weapons on his enemies, or just about anyone else that looked at him wrong?  If the US then suddenly decided to nuke a sizeable chunk of land for nothing more than "they could have one day attacked us"... I know DAMNED WELL what would happen.  You think other countries would just sit around and say "it's understandable, they're just mad, let them blow off some steam"?  Or, do you think they would come fully on board with the "American is a power hungry, war mongering country that thinks of itself as the only country that matters" theory?

Hazard

So you can tell me for sure thats what would happen? How do you know that? Its just your guess and what YOU might do in that situation, but its not neccessarily true.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

nslay

Quote from: EpicOfTimeWasted on July 07, 2005, 03:27 PM
Quote from: Hazard on July 07, 2005, 02:24 PM
I'd like to add that none of you really know what would happen if we were to drop a few in the Middle East, nobody does. I'd like to add that none of you really have a better solution than Crazed so its not really too smart to just blast his ideas without offering other viable solutions.

Uhh, we don't know what would happen if a few nukes were dropped in the middle east?  Apparently you've missed the news about the US led efforts to disarm the Iraqi dictator accused of using chemical weapons on his enemies, or just about anyone else that looked at him wrong?  If the US then suddenly decided to nuke a sizeable chunk of land for nothing more than "they could have one day attacked us"... I know DAMNED WELL what would happen.  You think other countries would just sit around and say "it's understandable, they're just mad, let them blow off some steam"?  Or, do you think they would come fully on board with the "American is a power hungry, war mongering country that thinks of itself as the only country that matters" theory?

We went about this war all wrong.  Look, all we had to do was piss one guy off to cause 9/11, and he paid relatively very little to do the damage he did, which costed us exponentially more.  The idea is to piss as few people off as possible in this war.  That way we have fewer of these incidents...and fewer of this exponential damage.  Using a nuclear weapon in the middle east pisses the most people off and a handful of those could do exponential damage to us.  Not only that, but we cause a political catastrophe that way too, the world would think even lower of us.  Dropping a nuclear bomb isn't the solution here. 

DarkMinion

You still don't get it, Crazed.  What we did with Japan would not work today.  Everyone else has the freaking bomb, meaning everyone else would freak out and launch their bombs, and bang, nuclear holocaust.  All it takes is an itchy trigger finger like yours to ruin the fucking world.

Believe it or not, terrorists are a minority around the world, including the middle east.  Most people over there are just like me and you, they're people with families, jobs, and dreams.  The terrorist organizations over there are in the minority just like organizations like the KKK, or people like David Kouresh, are in the minority over here.   Bombing the middle east would be the equivalent of wiping out the entire population of a major city to kill a mouse.

Arta

Craz3d, dropping a nuke on the mid east would make us as bad as the terrorists, arguably much worse. That, I'm afraid, is totally, blindingly obvious.

Quote from: hazard
Oh yea, and if anybody says "Lets talk it out" *COUGH ADRON ARTA COUGH* I will slap the taste out of your mouth.

Sigh. When have I ever advocated that? It's my opinion that the thoroughly absurd amount of money we're wasting on invading Iraq would be put to much better use if it were spent on investigation and coherant intelligence gathering, with -- perhaps -- appropriate, small, targetted, specific military action where necessary.

Invading a whole country which, incidenctally, has nothing significant to do with terrorism, is just dumb. It has accomplished nothing except to create a horribly fertile breeding ground for a whole new generation of suicice bombers. Where are those weapons of mass destruction again?

And before you say it, I'll just repeat that I supported the war in Afghanistan.

CrAz3D

I realize that Arta...I was 'in shock'(?) & hyped up, now I think nuclear warfare could be a little disruptive to things (the environment), that is why I posted:

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 07, 2005, 01:19 PM
I spose now that the initial 'shock' is over I've settled down a bit.
But I still only see a few options.

1) Talk it out:  "Dude, Bin Laden, what do you have against us?...we buy your oil, let's work it out eh?  You stop bombing us we'll, leave the Middle East"
2) Take out terrorists 1 by 1:  This could literally take forever, that doesn't sound like a good plan to me
3) Hiroshima approach (non-nuclear)[/u][/i]:  Just flatten a small city until Bin Laden (& whomever) agrees to sit down & talk

Quote from: EpicOfTimeWasted on July 07, 2005, 03:27 PM
One day was yesterday for London.  So what do we say to these God damned terrorists?... "Oh well, they're mad because we have a good lifestyle & value equality...lets just let them blow of some steam for another few centuries & kill a few more citizens of the free world"

Does that sound like a fucking good idea?  I think not.

& to the rest of you, as I stated before, what is your idea?
I think talking it out with these friendly terrorists would be cool, but when is that gonna happen?

(I still like the bombing people into submission though :(, but since people object to the pointless death of thousands...I suppose we'll just keep letting our own people die)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

CrAz3D

Fact:
The US of A didn't get where it is today by sitting around doing jack shit while other countries did it for us.  We didn't wait for the Kind of England to forget about us & just accept his taxes for now, we stood up for what was right & said screw you!...We're doing what is right & just.

(I'm not saying [again] that we should nuke the middle east, but the terrorists must be stopped & if the peoples of those nations will not stand up to the terrorists someone MUST!  & logically, since we are the ones enduring their hatred we are the ones to stop their lust for blood & the time is now)
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

DarkMinion

You still don't get it.  You're not talking about the pointless death of mere thousands.  You're talking about the pointless death of millions, perhaps billions.  The middle east isn't scattered groups of tent camps.  And plus, like I've been trying to pound into your fucking brain, if we drop the bomb, others will drop the bomb, and it will start a chain reaction all over the globe, leading to nuclear holocaust.  Do you get it yet?

DarkMinion

Yes, the terrorists must be stopped, but "bombing the crap out of the middle east" will not do that.  Believe it or not, there are terrorists all over the world.  The middle east is not the biggest concentration of them, either.

CrAz3D

Quote from: DarkMinion on July 07, 2005, 04:34 PM
You still don't get it.  You're not talking about the pointless death of mere thousands.  You're talking about the pointless death of millions, perhaps billions.  The middle east isn't scattered groups of tent camps.  And plus, like I've been trying to pound into your fucking brain, if we drop the bomb, others will drop the bomb, and it will start a chain reaction all over the globe, leading to nuclear holocaust.  Do you get it yet?
Where do you see that I keep talking about using nuclear bombs to destroy the middle east?
I keep trying to point out I was worked up & have 'retracted' that statement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because the Middle East doesn't have the most doesn't mean we shouldn't stop them does it?
(ré-bun-dance)

DarkMinion

QuoteJust because the Middle East doesn't have the most doesn't mean we shouldn't stop them does it?

Listen to yourself, seriously.  You're saying we should "stop the middle east", as if they're all guilty because of the actions of a tiny percentage of them.  That's the problem.  We can't go after the entire middle east because of what bin Laden and his cronies are doing.  Going after organizations like the Taliban, and Saddam's regime are understandable...but you simply can't do what you say we should do.  It's not a) Fair to the good, hard-working citizens of the middle east, nor is it b) feasible.

Warrior

We need to pick out the root of the problem (Axis of evil for example) and start picking them off IMHO. Sitting around and waiting for them to strike first is a bad idea.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

Quote from: DarkMinion on July 07, 2005, 04:57 PM
QuoteJust because the Middle East doesn't have the most doesn't mean we shouldn't stop them does it?

Listen to yourself, seriously.  You're saying we should "stop the middle east", as if they're all guilty because of the actions of a tiny percentage of them.  That's the problem.  We can't go after the entire middle east because of what bin Laden and his cronies are doing.  Going after organizations like the Taliban, and Saddam's regime are understandable...but you simply can't do what you say we should do.  It's not a) Fair to the good, hard-working citizens of the middle east, nor is it b) feasible.
You're putting words into my mouth (hand?).

I'm saying we need to stop them (terrorists)...not Middle Easterners.

You said "the middle east is not the biggest concentration of them..."
I said "Just because the Middle East doesn't the most [terrorists] doesn't mean we shouldn't stop them does it?"
(ré-bun-dance)

Zorm

I sort of think you guys are overreacting. Normally when someone says they want to nuke something after a major event they don't mean to use nuclear warfare but to attack and remove them. Or atleast this is how I interrept it because of the fact that people slowly stop using such strong language after awhile.

I hope everyone in London manages to get on with life(I'd say I hope they are ok but people died so clearly they aren't ok) as I'm sure they will. I also hope the terrorists who committed these acts are killed. Hopefully this will get everyone focused once again on stopping the terrorists and less on playing politics. I won't be one to bring up Iraq because at the end of the day this has very little to do with that. Attacks were planned and carried out against America and England before the Iraq war, I highly doubt that this would not have happened if Iraq had not happened. They're going to attack either way and claiming its 'For Iraq' is just a cheap ploy to have an excuse to kill people. However, noting how everyone held off on calling this a terrorist attack for a long time there seems to be a sort of feeling that it can't happen here(where here is London).

On a side note, there have been rumors of work being done here to create low yield nuclear weapons. If this infact true or not I have no idea.
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

|