• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Re: Happy fourth!

Started by EpicOfTimeWasted, July 04, 2005, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicOfTimeWasted

Yes, July 4th, the day Americans claimed their independence from Britain.  The only question now is, when will Americans once again regain their freedom by breaking away from the American government, and the big business that runs it?

Topaz

Without a government, a country is unorganized and prone to invasion.

America's government is run by Americans. What are you trying to get at? A revolution against the people?

CrAz3D

Actually, the government is taking away too many freedoms.  Also, I think that in general, for countries to be well established without huge government involvement there needs to be a revolution every 200 yrs or so...didn't TJ (Thomas Jefferson) say something like that?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Banana fanna fo fanna

I think the Republican Party needs to get back to its roots in small government and stop being a bitch to big business.

I think the Democratic Party needs to pull its head out of its ass.

I think the nation needs to focus on educating its workforce to make it competitve worldwide, and solve environmental and energy problems in a market-driven fashion.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on July 04, 2005, 10:12 PM
I think the Republican Party needs to get back to its roots in small government and stop being a bitch to big business.

I think the Democratic Party needs to pull its head out of its ass.

I think the nation needs to focus on educating its workforce to make it competitve worldwide, and solve environmental and energy problems in a market-driven fashion.
What he said
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Topaz

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 04, 2005, 01:49 PM
Also, I think that in general, for countries to be well established without huge government involvement there needs to be a revolution every 200 yrs or so...didn't TJ (Thomas Jefferson) say something like that?

So you're calling for bloodshed every 200 years? Murder, assassinations, bodies in the sewers?

MyndFyre

Governments erode at the rights of their constituents as they grow.  People in power aren't willing to give up their power peacefully; it's the way of the world.  The only way to do it is through violence.

It'd be nice if we were past this, but I don't think we are yet.  Maybe in another 200 years.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Topaz on July 05, 2005, 06:43 PM
Also, I think that in general, for countries to be well established without huge government involvement there needs to be a revolution every 200 yrs or so...didn't TJ (Thomas Jefferson) say something like that?

So you're calling for bloodshed every 200 years? Murder, assassinations, bodies in the sewers?
Not every 200, like Myndfyre said...maybe 400 or so, we've advanced some so maybe governments can last longer.

Also, maybe it won't take a complete violent revolution, maybe just start from scratch (realizing that the government has taken too many liberties)
(ré-bun-dance)

Topaz

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 06, 2005, 01:11 AM
Quote from: Topaz on July 05, 2005, 06:43 PM

Not every 200, like Myndfyre said...maybe 400 or so, we've advanced some so maybe governments can last longer.

Also, maybe it won't take a complete violent revolution, maybe just start from scratch (realizing that the government has taken too many liberties)

I don't think you read Myndfyre's post. Besides, which so many governments and global awareness of the rest of the world, the collapse of the government would involve a huge change of power, because some other country might decide to invade us (United States) during that period of change. Plus, with such a large government in control, a large percent of the population WILL die in order for that change to happen.