• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sending Images Through a Phoneline

Started by hismajesty, June 22, 2005, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

How does this work? (for example: dialup modems, fax machines, etc.)

CrAz3D

Probably same principle as old TV signals?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

hismajesty

Aye, but what about color fax machines? I have a basic understanding of how black and white ones work, but not too much on how color ones work.

Arta

Colour was supposed to be Group 5 fax machines, but they were never made. Not sure how much of a standard there actually is. Fax standards are all defined by the CCITT, though - this google search might be useful.

What are you working on that needs this, anyway? :)

hismajesty

I don't mind telling you in private but I'd rather not post it on here.

Adron

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 22, 2005, 06:45 PM
Aye, but what about color fax machines? I have a basic understanding of how black and white ones work, but not too much on how color ones work.

I don't know how color fax machines work, but why would they principally be any different from black and white ones? You do know how images are stored in a computer, right, with the color of each pixel listed in sequence by rows, then columns?

hismajesty

Adron, I'd like to (privately) talk to you about this more in detail if that's not a problem.

Rule

hismajesty