• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Request for Comments: BnetDocs Facelift

Started by Arta, June 16, 2005, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

The fonts are intentional.

That colour for the comments box would make them darker than the background. I wanted it to be fairly subtle - I'll make it a bit darker and see how it looks.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Eh, uniform fonts make the entire thing flow better, at least in my opinion.

Ahh, a somewhat useless extra I just (for no reason) thought up would be a quick-jump box which you could type in the packet id/name and just load that page.

Ringo

Its very nice, good job Arta!
I think the best idea was the one you were saying about awhile back about having each protocol in its own coloum so the site would open alot faster.
If more documentation about other protocols is going on there, that would probly be the best idea, as each coloum could have its own 'Documents' section relating to the protocol it is under :)
As for the colors and fonts, there fine! nice and bright means nice and clear ;)

Keep up the good work!

Arta

Quote from: rabbit on June 16, 2005, 04:47 PM
Eh, uniform fonts make the entire thing flow better, at least in my opinion.

Ahh, a somewhat useless extra I just (for no reason) thought up would be a quick-jump box which you could type in the packet id/name and just load that page.

You can do that with the search box. Perhaps a search box in the menu would be a good idea, though. The font in the menu is different because the main page's font looks crappy at 9pt. I'm bored of verdana for the content, though, so I want that as arial. They're similar enough :)

Quote from: NicoQwertyu on June 16, 2005, 05:02 PM
I like it! I like it!  Did you make that small green logo yourself?

No, that comes courtesy of Akamas. Thanks Akamas!

Quote from: Ringo on June 16, 2005, 05:21 PM
Its very nice, good job Arta!
I think the best idea was the one you were saying about awhile back about having each protocol in its own coloum so the site would open alot faster.
If more documentation about other protocols is going on there, that would probly be the best idea, as each coloum could have its own 'Documents' section relating to the protocol it is under :)

Not sure what you mean by different columns? Either way, I think this version is much quicker. I rewrote the menu code completely. When completed, the new site will still allow you to show/hide sections of the menu, so the speed improvement should be even greater. Multiple 'documents' sections could be good, but I don't think we have enough documents to fill more than one section :)

Ringo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on June 16, 2005, 05:35 PM
Not sure what you mean by different columns? Either way, I think this version is much quicker. I rewrote the menu code completely. When completed, the new site will still allow you to show/hide sections of the menu, so the speed improvement should be even greater. Multiple 'documents' sections could be good, but I don't think we have enough documents to fill more than one section :)

Hmm, i think i remember seeing the site like this for a day or 2 when you were talking about it. (But with out the game stuff)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available Topics:

Navigation:
News
Search BnetDocs
Credits

Logon:
Username 
Password: 

Register
Lost Password? 

Battle.net Messages:

Battle.net UDP Client Messages:

UDP Game Messages:

W3GS Messages:

Realm Messages:

D2GS Messages:

Botnet Messages:

BNLS Messages:

And each column/menu was abit like this

Battle.net Messages:

Documents:
    Logon Sequences
    Battle.net Flags
    Battle.net's file transfer protocol (Version 1)
    Battle.net's file transfer protocol (Version 2)
    BNLS Checksum Algorithm
    Clan Message Codes
    Game Statstrings
    Icons.bni
    NLS/SRP Protocol
    Notational Conventions
    Platform & Product IDs
    Protocol Headers
    Sizes & Types
    User Statstrings
    Warcraft III Profile Requests

Consts for all messages: [pas cpp vb]

Battle.net Message Documents:
  [C>0x00]  SID_NULL
  [S>0x00]  SID_NULL
  [C>0x02]  SID_STOPADV
  [C>0x05]  SID_CLIENTID
  [S>0x05]  SID_CLIENTID

I think u were on to somthing there :)

Arta

Ringo

hm i might need to del my cookies or somthing :P

R.a.B.B.i.T

I'd also like to see an option to display logon sequences including BNLS (it gets annoying for me sometimes to cross reference everything).

Also, "vl" and "bnetdocs" are commands on yubnub...hrm...

Arta

Quote from: rabbit on June 16, 2005, 06:31 PM
I'd also like to see an option to display logon sequences including BNLS (it gets annoying for me sometimes to cross reference everything).

That's a really good idea. I'll put it on the list.

Quote from: rabbit on June 16, 2005, 06:31 PM
Also, "vl" and "bnetdocs" are commands on yubnub...hrm...

Neat! I wonder who did that. The site looks cool as well - *goes off to play*

The-FooL

Can you have the list on the left be a different frame or something of that nature?  Every time I click on a packet I don't want to have to scroll the window all the way to the bottom again to find the next packet.

Blaze

I really like the new template now.  It looks clean, and its fast loading.  :)
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

|