• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sending SMS messages over the Internet

Started by Yoni, June 08, 2005, 03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoni

What services are there, that allow you to send an SMS message from a computer to a cellphone (I don't care about replies), are free, preferably don't require registration, and don't collect your phone number for spam?

I know ICQ satisfies the above (minus the registration part). Anything other than ICQ?

Edit: Oh, and don't point me to top Google results, unless you can convince me that they don't collect phone numbers for spam.

hismajesty

Does Verizon exist in Israel? If so, they have that through their website http://www.vtext.com.

Yoni

No. We have 3 cellular networks in Israel: Pelephone, Cellcom and Orange. I am particularly interested in Orange.

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Newby

Yeah, if you IM your phone number, it'll send a text message to yer phone.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Tazo

[in reference to AIM IM Forwarding] That doesn't support all phones, like mine.  I have a virgin mobile phone, whose txt message thing is/doubles as an email ( [email protected] ). So I wrote a program that signs onto aim and sends all incoming messages to the email address.

Yoni

AIM IM forwarding is US-only, I think.
Either that or it just doesn't work for me (while ICQ thingie does).

Tazo

http://www.activedownloads.com/internet/759/

The link caught my eye while browsing for something else.
I was looking for a crack/key/serial/license file for SurfAnonymous 1.0.1.0, can anyone help me out? [email protected]

Yoni

Never mind. I decided ICQ is good enough. :P