• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

An error has occured! (Forum)

Started by Joe[x86], May 24, 2005, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe[x86]

Quotemail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.1.8 < "Valhalla Legends Forum" <[email protected]>>... Domain of sender address [email protected] does not exist

I swear I didn't do it.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Kp

Probably you replied to a thread where somebody with a broken mail server requested notification.  Identify the thread and someone can kill the offending post, thereby removing the notification request.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

CrAz3D

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.1.8 < "Valhalla Legends Forum" <[email protected]>>... Domain of sender address [email protected] does not exist
I got that while trying to PM someone
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

I only randomly recieve that message
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Kp

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 24, 2005, 11:11 PM
mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.1.8 < "Valhalla Legends Forum" <[email protected]>>... Domain of sender address [email protected] does not exist

OK, you PM'd someone who set "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message." in his/her profile.  Complain to that person to fix the e-mail address.

Soul Taker

Fun chess problem also does it, to help track down the offender.

UserLoser.

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

MyndFyre

Quote from: Kp on May 25, 2005, 09:25 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on May 24, 2005, 11:11 PM

OK, you PM'd someone who set "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message." in his/her profile.  Complain to that person to fix the e-mail address.
It's not that.  The forum sends email from the address "[email protected]," which of course doesn't exist.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Newby

The board settings' email is [email protected], so is Admin's.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre on May 26, 2005, 05:11 PMIt's not that.  The forum sends email from the address "[email protected]," which of course doesn't exist.

Ah.  In that case, he should complain to the person he was PM'ing to turn off "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message.".  Then the forum won't be sending such e-mails, and all will be well.

CrAz3D

I think there is a forum bug.  It happens when I PM some people & when posting in some forums
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 26, 2005, 06:51 PM
I think there is a forum bug.  It happens when I PM some people & when posting in some forums

It's because of the way the forum is configured.  It's configured to send e-mails as it is from that address.  That address doesn't exist, so it gives you an error.

Maybe the admins could change the e-mail to -- say -- [email protected] or something?  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.