I found a problem with BNLS.

Started by Deception, May 05, 2005, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

UserLoser.

Quote from: Shout on May 09, 2005, 01:17 AM
Still not locked/deleted/moved...

Quote from: UserLoser on May 08, 2005, 10:27 PM
There's no mods to lock the thread.  Kp ran away (probably finals at school), Skywing hasn't been seen on Battle.net or on the forum in months, Spht disappeared, Arta seems to hardly visit this, Grok ?? same as Skywing (probably wow'd)

OnlyMeat

Clearly some mods are monitoring this thread and others as my post about kp's narrow minded attitude towards post deletion was deleted. Which proves my point perfectly.

iago

I asked to moderate this forum awhile back, but they decided that there was already plenty of moderation.  So what can I say?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Deception

Quote from: iago on May 09, 2005, 07:05 AM
I asked to moderate this forum awhile back, but they decided that there was already plenty of moderation.  So what can I say?

You can say that there is no reason to delete this topic.

I am pointing out a flaw in the functionality of BNLS. BNLS pertains to Battle.net bot development.
- Deception of Dark Council

QwertyMonster

Quote from: UserLoser on May 09, 2005, 01:42 AM
Quote from: Shout on May 09, 2005, 01:17 AM
Still not locked/deleted/moved...

Quote from: UserLoser on May 08, 2005, 10:27 PM
There's no mods to lock the thread. Kp ran away (probably finals at school), Skywing hasn't been seen on Battle.net or on the forum in months, Spht disappeared, Arta seems to hardly visit this, Grok ?? same as Skywing (probably wow'd)

They need MORE moderators..  and admins.

shout

Quote from: Deception on May 09, 2005, 08:21 AM

I am pointing out a flaw in the functionality of BNLS. BNLS pertains to Battle.net bot development.

Stfu. Just shut up. Nobody here cares. Go be the center of attention somewhere else. There is no flaw in BNLS, there is a flaw in your logic.

iago

Yeah, but it would still be better off in the Stupid Argument forum.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% that BNLS is silly.  Blizzard went through lots of work to make War3 secure by using an advanced authentication algorithm, and BNLS totally subverted it by allowing users to send their passwords in plain text.  It's actually pretty humorous, in my opinion.

I don't use BNLS, ever.  I won't use any bot that uses BNLS.  If you don't like it, then you also shouldn't use it.  As long as people understand the risk that they're taking, and are willing to accept the possibility that on any or all given BNLS logins there's a very real possibility of having their account stolen by a third party, then there isn't much we can do to stop them. 

That being said, I think that all bots that use BNLS should have a disclaimer stating what I just said ("Warning: on any/all logins it is possible for your password to be stolen by a third party who's in the right place").  It's just polite to let users know that they're risking their credentials.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

QwertyMonster

I dont use BNLS either! Hashes all the way baby! :P

Archangel

I dont use BNLS either, but people comming around and insulting someone else software is pathetic.
I'm not an Addict.

OnlyMeat

Well, it couldn't get any worse, especially when you have moderators like kp running things.

Lenny

Deception is stating that the entire BNLS system is useless.  Clearly an opinion and not a fact as has been made clear by the posts in this thread.   

Personally, I'm not going to state my opinion about BNLS because this is NOT the place to do it. 

Also, I'm going to mention again that regarding the uses of BNLS with password and cdkey hashing has already been covered in another topic.  But I will say that the author of that thread articulated the subject better than Deception has.   (And also correctly)
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

Warrior

Doing everything locally in some languages is horribly inefficient and I'd rather use a free service provided by a trusted establishment. Even with the recent DLLs that have been made, it still requires horrible modification of a client to support that DLL, as where BNLS I can put into my clients gracefully withought having hundreds of refrences.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

R.a.B.B.i.T

How is userfriendlyness a flaw?  Are you that retarded?

Arta

It is not a flaw. You are expecting BNLS to meet an objective that was not among its design goals. BNLS was designed to enhance Battle.net's ease of use, not its security.

|