• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Religious education

Started by Hazard, April 25, 2005, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: Hazard on April 26, 2005, 04:44 PM
Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PMAnd when my fists start hurting I would grab your hear

My whosiewhatsit?

Either "ear" or "hair" I suspect.  Maybe a little of each?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

Quote from: iago on April 26, 2005, 04:43 PM

Of course I haven't read them.  But they certainly exist. 

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. I really do appreciate your honesty that you haven't read them it truly means a lot that you're willing to step up to the plate and admit you just don't know, I respect that. They certainly do exist, and nobody has ever said that they didn't. At one of the councils, the leadership of the Church simply chose which books would be added to the Bible and which would not. If they had included everything, the Bible would be more immense than it already is.

Quote from: iago on April 26, 2005, 04:43 PM
There were others (whose names I can't remember.. one was like Applonious or something silly) who also raised the dead, cured the blind, and all the other miracles that Jesus is credited with.  I just wonder why Jesus was chosen to star in the Holy Bible and not him.  But, as I said, I'm ignorant about this stuff, just curious.

There are thousands of Saints. In fact, all of the original Apostles of Christ were charged with the divine abilities and all performed miracles. The point is that it is not the Saints themselves who perform the miracles, it is through the intercession of Jesus that the miracles are possible. It is said in fact that John Paul II cured a blind man. Jesus was the star, as you put it, because he was the Son of the Father, and thats the main reason. His sole purpose was to die for the sins of the entire world. Jesus is the reason why all miracles are possible.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Invert

Quote from: iago on April 26, 2005, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PMAnd when my fists start hurting I would grab your hear

My whosiewhatsit?

Either "ear" or "hair" I suspect.  Maybe a little of each?

ears actually

Invert

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PM
There is no way to argue with a person that is dumber than Terry Schiavo.

Oooooh, good one! "You'd never say that to my face." Sound familiar?

When someone tells you that you need a religious environment to worship God you automatically know that they are a complete imbecile.

Oh yea, according to you, the Jewish guy that is a master in Church and Christian doctrine right? I stand by my statment. If you give me that "I'm independently religious" it just means that you are too lazy to make a commitment to something. Christianity is a family... it is its own community. Without other people Christianity is not Christianity. If you knew anything about the framework of Christian doctrine, you'd know that. Unfortunately, you consider yourself the master and that you could not possibly be wrong. I'm definetly wrong in your opinion, arrogant?

I might never get my hands on you but I could hope (I have faith).

You won't.

I could imagine how much better it would make me feel to kick your ass.

What, exactly, would it do for you? Would it make you feel superior? More powerful? Is it an ego-trip? Am I honestly the first person to stand up to you to tell you how stupid you are?

1st I would get you down on the ground then get on top of you punching you in the head alternating hands.

This is getting good, lets read on!

My whosiewhatsit?

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PMand then hit your head against the ground.

Just like Stone Cold Steve Austin! I LOVE IT!

Then when you are flipping back in and out of consciousness I would ask you to pray to Jesus to save you and see what he does.

Ah, make me a martyr? Thats quite the Hollywood ending to your little assault. Would Jesus save me? I'm sure that in that moment, if I was to die, I'd be forgiven and your soul would be forever condemned to hell. I'd be made a martyr and I'd have a nice little chuckle as you would undoubtly recieve your eternal punishment for your pointless crime. Would his hand come down and crush you, probably not. Fortunately, in that case, I don't need Jesus to handle a punk (thats you).

That certainly was entertaining though!

You are absolutely delusional. You are still going to hell because you let the priests molest you for many years, or was it your father that did that?

Hazard

First, thats not true. The fact that you can even think of that just shows that you're a mere child in your mind.

Second, and this is the position of the Church, those who are molested are not sinners, they are victims. In God's eyes they are protect and will not be held accountable to the acts of evil done to them, just as rape victims are not responsible for being raped. You're such an asshole.

Invert

Quote from: Hazard on April 26, 2005, 06:51 PM
First, thats not true. The fact that you can even think of that just shows that you're a mere child in your mind.

Second, and this is the position of the Church, those who are molested are not sinners, they are victims. In God's eyes they are protect and will not be held accountable to the acts of evil done to them, just as rape victims are not responsible for being raped. You're such an asshole.

Yeah, ok... You don't have to explain yourself here.

SNiFFeR

I don't know exactly where I rate on this scale, K-6 went to church twice a week. Studied 3 times a week. So I'd say like 3. Anyways..the way that I understand religion (not specific to any):

If I do something wrong, I can ask for God's forgiveness and be perfectly fine, goto heaven and move on with my miserable life.

CrAz3D

*move on with your next miserable life ;)But isn't heaven the 'perfect' place?  My grandma said, right before she died, that heaven looked really clean & white & had ashtrays everywhere (all things she liked).  I figure heaven is just whatever you like...hell is what you like the least
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hazard

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 07:29 PM
Quote from: Hazard on April 26, 2005, 06:51 PM

Yeah, ok... You don't have to explain yourself here.

I'm just telling you the way it is. If you choose to act like an 11 year old with your "Yeah okay I'm sure uh huh yea sure okay you keep on saying that yea whatever you have to tell yourself" attitude then it just proves my point what a completly inept human being you are.

CrAz3D

Sooo....how about them Yankees?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

SNiFFeR

It's obvious hell doesn't exist. There is a flaw. If you ask god for forgiveness it is granted.

Mitosis

Quote from: SNiFFeR on April 26, 2005, 09:14 PM
It's obvious hell doesn't exist. There is a flaw. If you ask god for forgiveness it is granted.
No..you have to sincerely mean it. If you go out and commit a sin then just be like "God I am sorry", you won't be forgiven.

Yegg

4. I think these kinds of threads get WAY too out of control. We have people like Hazard (your good) who are not ignorant to faith in God of some type to people like Invert who make fun of people (Terry Schiavo) who have mental problems and CANT TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES!!!. I think that if you have to make fun of her then you have a sick mind and a cold heart. You care nothing about people who are not like you. That's the kind of person you seem to be Invert.

nslay

Shame on you flamers.  If you don't like a post state your case but don't criticize the author.  The idea is to be objective.  If you've no clue what you're talking about, then its probably a good idea not to post.  If you've posted something wrong mistakenly, then admit it...  The idea is not to uphold yourself but your argument!

Topaz

Significant independent study, K-9 I've gone to church once every week. And yet, I'm still atheist :( The very problem that I see is that the Bible is unstructured and has flaws.

|