• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

DVD Chapter Extraction

Started by CrAz3D, April 16, 2005, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

My dad has to do a power point for one of his classes.  The group that his is in wants to use a single chapter from a movie that they rented.  Issues of legality aside, how could I extract a single chapter from the dvd?  What program would be best to accomplish this so that I could put the extracted chapter into a power point presentation?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

CloneDVD (by Slysoft) can rip a specific chapter, but I *think* you have to burn it.  It can rip to an image file,  I think, so maybe you can mount that image using Daemon Tools?

Or rip the entire dvd to an image file, and mount it with Daemon Tools, and just skip to the chapter? Or does it need to be actually IN the presentation?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Well, I think my dad is deciding his professor might not like the fact that a rented dvd was illegally ripped...so their just gonna show it on the side from the actual dvd
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

LordNevar

CloneDVD, Just do a google search for it, and it should be what your looking for.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

Joe[x86]

I had the same question a while back, but never brought it up. How would I rip a section of a DVD, from point X:XX:XX to point Y:YY:YY to a GIF?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=11293.msg108930#msg108930 date=1113778606]
I had the same question a while back, but never brought it up. How would I rip a section of a DVD, from point X:XX:XX to point Y:YY:YY to a GIF?

Are you serious??

That's going to be a HUGE file dude and a LOT of quality lost.  30 frames per second IIRC at 720x480.  Beyond a few seconds you're going to have a massive GIF file.  That's why we use other compression methods nowadays.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Joe[x86]

I'm open to other ones. Also, this is for my personal use, and its only going to be about five seconds. I want to rip the part of LotR: RotK where Merry and Pippin are dancing on the table and drinking beer at the green dragon.

l)ragon

Why not just record the piece you want to use, then screen shot frame for frame what you need, and glue it all together.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Joe[x86]

Woah.. you have too much time on your hands. Unless you mean using an automated process to do so, which I belive is an excellent idea.