• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Pope is gone

Started by CrAz3D, April 02, 2005, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

How can you guys say that? Do you have no respect?

Warrior

Having respect for an individual is your opinion, don't expect to influence others on this forum no matter how much you feel for it.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Adron

Well, if he God wanted him to live, he would've recovered. Apparently God wanted him to die. Why did God want him to die? Well, the shortest way of summarizing all kinds of reasons is: He probably sucked!

iago

He's just a man.  A human being.  Whether or not you're religious, somebody died.  That's all that really matters.  I'm not religious, and I don't care whether or not a Pope exists, but I was sorry to hear that a fellow human being passed.

Oh, and LOL @ Adron! I thought that, but I didn't think HE'D be the one to say it!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mitosis

Quote from: Adron on April 02, 2005, 07:23 PM
Well, if he God wanted him to live, he would've recovered. Apparently God wanted him to die. Why did God want him to die? Well, the shortest way of summarizing all kinds of reasons is: He probably sucked!

If God takes somebody off this planet for a reason, I don't think it's because he/she
Quoteprobably sucked!

Kp

Quote from: Mitosis on April 02, 2005, 07:51 PMIf God takes somebody off this planet for a reason, I don't think it's because he/she
Quoteprobably sucked!

So you presume to know God's intent?  If not, why do you think a divine being would need a better reason than "probably sucked"?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

EpicOfTimeWasted

Quote from: person that hismajesty quoted
How unfeeling must you be to offer insults and rudeness at this time? How dare you be so inconsiderate of your fellow humans? I do not ask that you think of the Pope as a great man. You are free to like or dislike him and what he stood for. You are free to agree or disagree with his teachings. You are free to think and feel and say whatever you like, but exactly what do you think you're revealing about your character when you mock those who are distraught over the loss of a person of consequence to them?

Anyone that tries to push their lifestyle onto me is a waste of precious oxygen as far as I'm concerned.  I actually have a couple very religious friends, and we get along just peachy.  They don't try to tell me how great their god is, and I don't tell them that I believe their god is nothing more than the creation of an ancient ancestor of Stephen King.  The pope is the head of an organization that does nothing more than preach about how their religion is the all binding word, hence my lack of care for his death.

Quote from: Adron on April 02, 2005, 06:59 PM
Haha, well, God must've wanted him to die. He probably sucked.

I haven't laughed half as hard as I did when I read that in a LONG time.  That's good stuff..

Blaze

Can we stop this arguing?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

iago

Incidentally, there are different ways to believe in God.  I think it's pretty obvious (or should be) that God doesn't meddle in day-to-day affairs.  Everything that happens can be explained.  The Pope died because he was sick and old and his immune system wasn't strong enough to fight anything.  It has nothing to do with whether or not God liked him.

Perhaps God exists, perhaps there is an omnipotent being, perhaps he even shaped the Universe.  But it should be obvious that God doesn't actively do anything.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

Too bad. The loss of a good man.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Master_Nabo

My feeling on this matter is that he seemed to be in a lot of pain and agony the last few weeks of his life, and now he is at peace.  I am not a Catholic, but I still feel the loss of The Pope.
May he rest in peace.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on April 02, 2005, 06:59 PM
Haha, well, God must've wanted him to die. He probably sucked.
I am not a Catholic so I am not really offended by that, but I can see how that statement could be very offencive. That is very insensitive of you.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: iago on April 02, 2005, 08:28 PM
But it should be obvious that God doesn't actively do anything.
That is very debatable... I just do not feel like debating it.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Rule

In response to Adron's post,

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 02, 2005, 10:34 PM
That is very insensitive of you.

I agree.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Well at least hes not suffering anymore.

|