Use to.
1 (3.8%)
Want to...
0 (0%)
Sometimes do.
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Master_Nabo

Never smoked, because that was one of the reasons my father died an early death, and I don't want the same to happen to me.

rawG

Id like to quit.. But ive learned not to give a shit anymore.. ive been smoking for 10 years and i dont cough or anything yet so its all good.. But then again i smoke ultra-lights
Ill rip your face off and slap your skull.

CrAz3D

I don't really think the lightness matters all that much, ya might want to consider stoppin before it gets the better of ya
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

Quote from: rawG on March 29, 2005, 11:26 PM
Id like to quit.. But ive learned not to give a shit anymore.. ive been smoking for 10 years and i dont cough or anything yet so its all good.. But then again i smoke ultra-lights

Of course, it also costs money.  And there are a lot of people who won't respect you if you're a smoker :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Corrupt

Smoking is a bad habit and bad habits die hard kick it while you can. :)

iago

Quote from: Corrupt on March 30, 2005, 01:32 AM

You didn't say whether you do :P

Master_Nabo

People who smoke ususally don't get much respect (whether it be from co-workers/friends/aquantances), but smoking is a really hard habit not only to have, but to quit.

My father tried to quit, and was getting really good at stopping (downed from a pack every 2 days to a pack for a week and a half).

There is no better time than the present to quit, but without the drive (for example, your family telling you to quit every day), you will not get far.

So it all comes down to "Do You Want to Quit?".

But, since I have never smoked, I can only speculate on how hard it is to quit.

iago

Quote from: Nabeshin on March 30, 2005, 11:13 AM
People who smoke ususally don't get much respect (whether it be from co-workers/friends/aquantances), but smoking is a really hard habit not only to have, but to quit.
I agree -- almost everybody looks down on smokers.  Maybe it's different here, since they've made 100000 anti-smoking laws. 

QuoteSo it all comes down to "Do You Want to Quit?".
Very true.  They need a reason.

But I think pride is a great reason.  Like the nail-biting thread, I have no reason to stop.  So I figure if I post it on a forum, at least I have something to prove. :)

Corrupt

Quote from: iago on March 30, 2005, 10:59 AM

-Sigh- Yes I do :-/ It's not something I like to admit :-/

iago

Quote from: Corrupt on March 30, 2005, 05:44 PM
Quote from: iago on March 30, 2005, 10:59 AM

-Sigh- Yes I do :-/ It's not something I like to admit :-/

So, take your own advice :P

The only reason I asked is that there was an extra "yes" :P

j0k3r

I used to smoke pot daily, sometimes multiple times a day, quit twice for 2 months and now I'll get high every few weeks because it doesn't cause a problem.

I've never smoked before, but in the past week I've considered smoking a few cigarrettes just to get an understanding, I don't have the money to support something like that anyways.

I was chewing tobacco a few months ago, but that ran out in a few days. My friend just recently came back from the states with a full tin, we've been happily munching that but the effects are now lost and the taste is a little strong, so I'm done with that.

I say there is nothing wrong with most of these habbits, as long as it is in moderation, wherein the problem lies as iago said.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on March 30, 2005, 06:33 PM
I've never smoked before, but in the past week I've considered smoking a few cigarrettes just to get an understanding, I don't have the money to support something like that anyways.

You only need a few to get addicted, seriously.  A few won't become a habit, of course, but a few is enough to make you want more.  Read the "I quit!" thread where Shout didn't quit for more information on that :P

rawG

Quote from: iago on March 29, 2005, 11:45 PM

Of course, it also costs money.  And there are a lot of people who won't respect you if you're a smoker :P

Respect isnt an issue, Im sure youve seen my pic.. Ive tried many times to quit. I should.. The best way i found out is just stop buying them.. but goddam its hard. I may try that again i got 2 packs left in my carton.. Wish me luck!
Ill rip your face off and slap your skull.

CrAz3D

GL, HF
But make sure ya do it!
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

Quote from: rawG on March 30, 2005, 11:26 PM
Quote from: iago on March 29, 2005, 11:45 PM

Respect isnt an issue, Im sure youve seen my pic.. Ive tried many times to quit. I should.. The best way i found out is just stop buying them.. but goddam its hard. I may try that again i got 2 packs left in my carton.. Wish me luck!

I don't think I've seen your pic, have you?

But I saw screw it.  If you really want to quit, be proactive.  Throw your last 2 packs away.  What's making you wait, besides that you've spent money on it?  And even then, who cares about the money?

|