• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Help using mpqcontrol

Started by idoL, March 19, 2005, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idoL

I'm making a map unlocker  to help sift all the information coming out of a map when protected, then compare it to a unprotected map, my method was an attempt to try to replace the missing data with a 3rd party program, then the map will become readible again since PROEdit takes out unit string information that StarEdit requires to read it. My question is can I compare encrypted data and replace it? If not is  there a way to decrypt the information when it's recieved?

MyndFyre

I knew we'd dealt with this topic before, and when I did a search I found out that it was you who started the whole bit anyway.

In case you lost the topic, it's at http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?topic=7825.0.  [edit]I'm not familiar with the topic, and I thought I'd post this for your benefit in case you'd lost the link.[/edit]
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

idoL

After awhile of researching data replacement and disassembling PROEdit I found that (what iago said) was true:
Quote251   SFileAuthenticateArchive(HANDLE hArchive,int)
was the information PROEdit was extracting, but this is the only information I can get back before it starts sending encrypted information, i'm not a hacker or a good programmer so now I come back asking you wise people for some advice. Otay?

Warrior

This was an interesting topic, I was looking at how a locked map compares to an unlocked one and it looked like a few changed bytes but I'd have no idea how it got that way and how to reverse the process. I think dissasembling whatever locks it might reveal some useful information.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Eric

If you did not already know, scm/scx files are actually MPQ's and you can extract the files from them through the use of the Storm API.

It's rather simple to understand and you can find an example in clsStormAPI of Damnation.

Unless the information removed is the same in all maps, I doubt you'll be able to recover it, however, I too, am unfamiliar with the subject.

Eric

Quote from: Snake on March 19, 2005, 11:55 AM
After awhile of researching data replacement and disassembling PROEdit I found that (what iago said) was true:
Quote251   SFileAuthenticateArchive(HANDLE hArchive,int)
was the information PROEdit was extracting, but this is the only information I can get back before it starts sending encrypted information, i'm not a hacker or a good programmer so now I come back asking you wise people for some advice. Otay?

If MPQ authentication fails, StarCraft won't attempt to extract the files from it, so you'll no longer be able to use it to play and IIRC, you can play using a patched map so that can't be how it patches them.

idoL

251   SFileAuthenticateArchive(HANDLE hArchive,int) is used when opening the map in StarEdit, not when playing the map.

Blaze

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on March 19, 2005, 05:24 PM
Unless the information removed is the same in all maps, I doubt you'll be able to recover it, however, I too, am unfamiliar with the subject.
I am not sure how it works either but I have used map unprotectors in the past and they work.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Warrior

I was thinking maybe it draws a character the Editor cannot display, and maybe the answer is not in unlocking the map but patching the editor?
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Blaze

idoL

Quotepatching the editor
Holy shit good idea.
No, not patching the editor but making something to read the information PROEdit adds, if any. I'll dink around with that.

Warrior

Well, ProEdit might not be the only map locker to ever come out right? That's why I suggested stopping the editor from crashing on an unknown sprite?

Blaze

Quote from: Snake on March 19, 2005, 10:01 PM
but making something to read the information PROEdit adds, if any.
Actually, its more of a takes away I think.

idoL

Yes we know fully that PROEdit takes some kind of information away,  I like the idea of having somthing fix the editor from crashing but building an editor is just way too much work,  when I do find the missing data I could use it in better ways then to patch an editor, which I doubt the creators would let me do.

Soul Taker

I thought we already went over this.  Protectors delete lots of non-essential stuff such as certain terrain information which only the map editor reads.  There was once a map editor made by someone from CamSys that was done from scratch, and opened protected maps without any problems, why not go that route?