• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Help using mpqcontrol

Started by idoL, March 19, 2005, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idoL

QuoteMy question is can I compare encrypted data and replace it? If not is  there a way to decrypt the information when it's recieved?

Soul Taker

Adron

Quote from: Snake on March 21, 2005, 06:35 PM
QuoteMy question is can I compare encrypted data and replace it? If not is  there a way to decrypt the information when it's recieved?

Of course you can compare and replace encrypted data. Data is just data, encrypted or not. It may take you a while to figure out what to compare for and what to replace with though.

And yes, of course there is a way to decrypt information when it's received.

idoL

Quote from: Soul Taker on March 22, 2005, 09:49 AM
What encrypted data...

The information that my program calls from mpqcontrol is encrypted before being sent to me. I could use stormlib but I dont know C++.

Warrior

Like I said patching the editor would render all of the map locking routines futile thus fixing your problem for every future map protector, you just need to find out how the protector malforms the map somehow so that the editor cannot read it which  shouldn't be to hard to do via dissasembly but patching the editor might violate something blizzard like so once again this is just an educated guess.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on March 23, 2005, 12:21 PM
Like I said patching the editor would render all of the map locking routines futile thus fixing your problem for every future map protector, you just need to find out how the protector malforms the map somehow so that the editor cannot read it which  shouldn't be to hard to do via dissasembly but patching the editor might violate something blizzard like so once again this is just an educated guess.

The other problem is that if Blizzard decides to patch Starcraft, you could end up having to reinstall the game if you're not smart.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.