• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSutil Example Bot

Started by shadypalm88, March 10, 2005, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: Kp on March 13, 2005, 05:24 PM
The only time this case bothers me is when said thief is determined to use the code, but isn't competent to do so.  So he ends up pestering the original author, or even completely unrelated people, for help.

I thought of that, but didn't want to mention it because it hurts my point :P

I guess all I can say is that, generally, they find little or no help, and are eventually forced to give up or take the high(er) road.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

UserLoser.

Quote from: Kp on March 13, 2005, 05:24 PM
The only time this case bothers me is when said thief is determined to use the code, but isn't competent to do so.  So he ends up pestering the original author, or even completely unrelated people, for help.

Things like that are annoying.  For example, CSB, everyone on this forum are pretty much unrelated people :P.

Also other situations like the one that occurred a few minutes ago.  I take the time out to translate this function from C++ to VB for this one guy to use in his bot, then he asks how to use it.  I explain it to him, and he tells me he gets errors.  He shows the code, and I say he needs to allocate memory for the return buffer, he asks how, *sigh*

Soul Taker

Nice, UL.  What function?

Anyway, tonight I decided to download this example program and see if I could develop a simple application that would log on and enter chat with all hardcoded login information, just to see how difficult the demo is.  I only ran into one small error because I missed one of the functions that needed to be called in the demo source; an error that took all of three minutes to spot and fix.  Other than that, every function and packet worked perfectly on the first try.

So, in my opinion, if someone can't figure this demo out on their own, they really shouldn't be getting help.  It's really easy.

Soul Taker

Networks

What cloaked should have done is just provide only the functions instead of providing a full connecting bot, at least the source stealer would have at least had to struggle before actually getting it to connect fully on to battle.net. I know it wouldn't have made that big of a difference but still.

Soul Taker

Quote from: Networks on March 13, 2005, 11:56 AM
It's been released, deal with it, we can't magically make it disappear now.

Warrior

Yet I still had people AIM me asking me why 0x0C wouldn't work and how to make it work. *sigh*
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

iago

Quote from: Warrior on March 14, 2005, 02:15 PM
Yet I still had people AIM me asking me why 0x0C wouldn't work and how to make it work. *sigh*

And I assume that you were born knowing?

The best bet for this isn't to give them the answer, but the means to find the answer.  I recommend a packet logger :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

NetNX

Quote from: iago on March 14, 2005, 02:45 PM
Quote from: Warrior on March 14, 2005, 02:15 PM

And I assume that you were born knowing?

The best bet for this isn't to give them the answer, but the means to find the answer.  I recommend a packet logger :)
Or bnetdocs (helps me alot more then a packetlogger <3 ARTA)

Warrior

Well actually, looks more like them taking the whole bot, it not logging on and them asking me how to make it work. Sorry if you misinterpreted, iago.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

shadypalm88

Quote from: Warrior on March 20, 2005, 11:12 AM
Well actually, looks more like them taking the whole bot, it not logging on and them asking me how to make it work. Sorry if you misinterpreted, iago.
That's probably my fault, since the example bot has a "Home Channel" field on it (force of habit) but never actually uses the value.

|