• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSutil Example Bot

Started by shadypalm88, March 10, 2005, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

There's still effort in bot development? I had no idea!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

UserLoser.

Quote from: Archangel on March 12, 2005, 01:18 PM
I like BNCSUtil but like giving an example bot loading all clients for users that didnt know how to use library will just make a alot of people edit that source and there wont be any effort on bot development.

I agree.
* UserLoser points at CSB

shadypalm88

Quote from: Archangel on March 12, 2005, 01:18 PM
I like BNCSUtil but like giving an example bot loading all clients for users that didnt know how to use library will just make a alot of people edit that source and there wont be any effort on bot development.
Which is their right; the code is in the public domain.

The point of this example bot is just that: to be an example.  People are free to use that example to whatever extent they'd like.  If you think about it, that stage of connecting will be functionally identical in all bots.  What effort is there left to do there?

NetNX

CSB wasnt really all that bad.... ok maybe it was :-/ but the way valhallalegends forums was bombarded with questions like "OMG CSB HOW !?^!@!%!@%$ I DONT UDNERSTAND...LOL!L!" i think that we should have just made a big sign that said"QUESTIONS REGUARDING CSB CLICK HERE" probally would have saved us from alot of mental trama of having to link newbies to the faq. :-/

Note: when i say big i mean like 640x400 saying "CSB QUESTIONS CLICK HERE" and make it flashing so maybe 1 newb might see it and save us 1 more set of retard questions and one more repeat tread

Eric seems to have his library pretty well taken care of i mean i could see more documentation coming to his site in the future but for now and the amount of people who know bout it he should be fine :-/

Kp

By nature, the idiots who need to read the FAQ will consider themselves to be above it and will not read it.  Thus, it's much more time efficient just to delete their posts until they get the hint.  The community can help out by not answering such questions.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

NetNX

That could also work

KP you really hate csb dont you? :)

iago

Quote from: NetNX on March 13, 2005, 09:58 AM
That could also work

KP you really hate csb dont you? :)

He hates it at least as much as me; possibly more!

That quote from his signature was in a conversation between me and him :)

Networks

What difference dose it make there's so much open source everyone can easily copy and paste without even touching another key to make the connect...If we want bot development to progress may at least provide source stolen bots with better logon sequences so they at least work good. It's better to have a nicely well done connection for a stolen bot than a shitty one...IMO.

It's been released, deal with it, we can't magically make it disappear now.

Soul Taker

Quote from: Networks on March 13, 2005, 11:56 AM
What the hell are you talking about?  iago is glad his code was released in this form and helping people...

Blaze

Read the original post about BNCSUtil.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Networks

Quote from: Soul Taker on March 13, 2005, 01:38 PM
Quote from: Networks on March 13, 2005, 11:56 AM
What the hell are you talking about?  iago is glad his code was released in this form and helping people...

I am referring to the example bot released by ShadyPalm88.

iago

His code is based on mine which is based on Maddox's (with the help of Telos, TheMinistered, and myself).  I'm happy to see the bot released, like he said, and so is shadypalm.  But everybody who worked on it was an integral part of making this happen.

The way I see it, having an opensource bot can cause 2 things:
1. Somebody looks at the code, learns from it, uses what they needs, and builds a good bot.  Everybody's better off.
2. Somebody "steals" it, uses the exact code, and doesn't understand what they're doing.  They make a crappy bot, and maybe they're happy with their accomplishment.  Do you really think that guy would have bothered to learn to write a good bot in the first place? I doubt it.  But if anybody's lost out, it's them, not the person who wrote it.

shadypalm88

Quote from: iago on March 13, 2005, 02:16 PMThe way I see it, having an opensource bot can cause 2 things:
1. Somebody looks at the code, learns from it, uses what they needs, and builds a good bot.  Everybody's better off.
2. Somebody "steals" it, uses the exact code, and doesn't understand what they're doing.  They make a crappy bot, and maybe they're happy with their accomplishment.  Do you really think that guy would have bothered to learn to write a good bot in the first place? I doubt it.  But if anybody's lost out, it's them, not the person who wrote it.
My thoughts exactly.  And this example doesn't enter chat, so at least someone would have to learn how to combine two rip-offs. ;)

Oh, and by the way, on Battle.Net (East) I go by Cloaked.

Warrior

The example isn't too bad and it IS well commented so I see no problem here.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Kp

Quote from: iago on March 13, 2005, 02:16 PM2. Somebody "steals" it, uses the exact code, and doesn't understand what they're doing.  They make a crappy bot, and maybe they're happy with their accomplishment.  Do you really think that guy would have bothered to learn to write a good bot in the first place? I doubt it.  But if anybody's lost out, it's them, not the person who wrote it.

The only time this case bothers me is when said thief is determined to use the code, but isn't competent to do so.  So he ends up pestering the original author, or even completely unrelated people, for help.

NetNX: CSB is an interesting idea, but the implementation is very flawed.  It can't be easily used from non-COM-friendly languages, which makes it nearly useless to the people who have the sense not to use VB.  As such, it's at best useless to the community and at worst a burden for the idiots that try to make a bot with it, then come to us for basic VB help because they can't figure out how to use a listbox (or editbox or ...).
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

|