• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Text not being displayed

Started by CrAz3D, February 20, 2005, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

This is the message, it IS being sent to bnet & recieved by the regular SC client, but it isn't displayed, any idea why?  Maybe the » character?
CrAz3D-»LIPOXAMGSF Added by:CrAz3D[xL]
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

R.a.B.B.i.T

Debugoutput() it, look for nasty low-ascii characters, because » is safe to use (I use it a lot).

CrAz3D

Quote from: rabbit on February 20, 2005, 10:33 PM
Debugoutput() it, look for nasty low-ascii characters, because » is safe to use (I use it a lot).
low-ascii?

(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

tA-Kane

Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

CrAz3D

From what I see, my ascii characters range from 32 to 122.  Any other ideas on why the SC client isn't displaying the text?
(ré-bun-dance)

CrAz3D

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 21, 2005, 09:58 AM
From what I see, my ascii characters range from 32 to 122.  Any other ideas on why the SC client isn't displaying the text?
Hmm, all of my characters are 32 & above.

EDIT:

» isn't safe to use.  When sending » from my REAL SC client to bnet, the bot client recieved ».  » is an invalid character for bnet now.  So, AFAIK, characters of 187 or higher are invalid for the SC client.  I haven't tested characters lower than 187 & higher than X, but I tested a few higher than 187.
(ré-bun-dance)

Blaze

Perhaps its just a bug in starcraft?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

TaGBaN

Its not a bug, its actually them fixing a bug. The reason color codes were ever avaiblie was from a bug. And that but also assisted in allowing those charactors.

Warrior

In a stupid attempt to fix colors they screwed up some chars? Lol.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Kp

No, in a successful attempt to fix colors they require you to actually emulate the client a bit better now.  As was posted about several versions ago, Starcraft uses UTF8 coding of characters.  Sending a bare » is wrong.  You should be sending it encoded in UTF8, as Starcraft does.  That it worked at all since the switch to UTF8 is arguably a bug, which is now fixed.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

CrAz3D

Quote from: Kp on February 22, 2005, 04:18 PM
No, in a successful attempt to fix colors they require you to actually emulate the client a bit better now.  As was posted about several versions ago, Starcraft uses UTF8 coding of characters.  Sending a bare » is wrong.  You should be sending it encoded in UTF8, as Starcraft does.  That it worked at all since the switch to UTF8 is arguably a bug, which is now fixed.
How would I send my text as UTF8 code?
(ré-bun-dance)

soLo.abUse

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 22, 2005, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Kp on February 22, 2005, 04:18 PM
How would I send my text as UTF8 code?

Assuming you're using Windows, MultiByteToWideChar() and WideCharToMultiByte().  Otherwise, if you're going to use Storm.dll you could use (If I remember correctly) Storm ordinal 912.

CrAz3D

Thank you much, I will look into that.

EDIT: Would I have to send it differently for D2, W2, & W3?
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 22, 2005, 05:28 PM
Thank you much, I will look into that.

EDIT: Would I have to send it differently for D2, W2, & W3?

No, they all use UTF-8
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*