• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

iPods not wanted at MS

Started by hismajesty, February 04, 2005, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 05, 2005, 03:20 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on February 05, 2005, 09:30 AM
Quote from: JoeTheOdd on February 04, 2005, 09:29 PM
QuoteThey are overpriced just like every other mac product.

* JoeTheOdd shakes fist.

You sir, obviously don't own an iPod. Their expensive, yes. How big is your MP3 player? 64MB? 128MB? Mine is 30GB. Does your MP3 player have a color screen? No. Haha, mine does.

Also, did you know that the company you refer to as Mac didn't even make Macintosh computers until about 20 years after they started making computers? -.-. Flaming liberals..\

EDIT:
Quote"In the media group they all smoke the company dope on that one," the manager said.
Hey, gimme some dope.
40 gb, and it has excellent battery life, and it is pretty small. Current price for mine
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=55-102-128&depa=0
the ipod
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iPod
Notice a huge price difference?

Mine practically costs half as much.

iPod is way sexier though. iPod wouldn't control the larger part of the market if it wasn't a good product, even if most of the sales were from people jumping on the bandwagon. I wanted the iPod simply because I liked the way it looked, but I'm superficial and stuff when it comes to electronics anyway.
A lot of people buy it because it is the trendy thing and Ipod is well marketed. Most people do not know what a nomad is.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Joe[x86]

QuoteYou wouldn't know if there are special accessories for the Nomad that allow you to hook it u to your vehicle's radio would you?...Wink
QuoteI use a radio adapter for mine.
The iPod has one too.

Anywho, the iPod is worth what you pay for it. Don't argue otherwise until you have payed for it and found out how good it really is.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

dxoigmn

Personally, I'm starting to hate my iPod because of the battery life.  It has done down drastically since when I've had it.  Anyways, might want to take a look at this blog since he's evaluating potential replacement's for the iPod.

http://www.shahine.com/omar/PermaLink,guid,fa85274d-2117-4bb7-9430-818b669e4db9.aspx

quasi-modo

Quote from: JoeTheOdd on February 05, 2005, 06:48 PM
QuoteYou wouldn't know if there are special accessories for the Nomad that allow you to hook it u to your vehicle's radio would you?...Wink
QuoteI use a radio adapter for mine.
The iPod has one too.

Anywho, the iPod is worth what you pay for it. Don't argue otherwise until you have payed for it and found out how good it really is.
Why would I want to pay for something when there is an alternative that is just as good? Mine is the same size (physically) as an ipod, mine can hold as much music as the best ipod, mine has good battery life and quick charge time, mine is built like a tank (my friend has one and it has been dropped countless times, still works), and mine is much much cheaper then an ipod. Buying an ipod is wasting 200 dollers, that is the price difference between mine an the equivalent ipod.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

I don't know what we're arguing about, honestly. Somebody tell me what so I can join in. :)

Is it if the iPod is worth the price, or if it's a beteter value than the competition, etc.?

Zorm

I like my iPod and a vast majority of the people at school that have mp3 players have iPods. However I can't compare it to other portable music players as I don't own any. Ive dropped my iPod a couple times including on the tile floor in my house which destroys most everything thats dropped on it but my iPod still works. Itunes is also nice, you can get an older version like 4.3 and use playfair on the files from the itunes music store.
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

lord_sammy

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 04, 2005, 10:53 PM
What fine print are you talking about? I thought it was common knowledge that the 512mb one is $99.

Incorrect, I talked to many people asking if the $99 one was 1gb. 

hismajesty

Quote from: lord_sammy on February 06, 2005, 08:32 AM
What fine print are you talking about? I thought it was common knowledge that the 512mb one is $99.

How can an 'I thought' statement be incorrect, unless of course I was lying about my thoughts (which I wasn't)?

The iPod Shuffle is a steal, most 256mb ones are at least $120.

lord_sammy

Yeah, my bad, I missed the "I" in there :-\

tA-Kane

I'd be willing to bet that the people you talked to don't keep major tabs on Apple's stuff, do they? Which, in that case, would be kinda like asking your 10 year old brother what the best price of condoms are; do you *really* think he'll know?
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 06, 2005, 01:38 AM
I don't know what we're arguing about, honestly. Somebody tell me what so I can join in. :)

Is it if the iPod is worth the price, or if it's a beteter value than the competition, etc.?
I am just saying that it is a waste of money to pay for something when an equivalent substitute is available for half the cost.
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 06, 2005, 10:48 AM

How can an 'I thought' statement be incorrect, unless of course I was lying about my thoughts (which I wasn't)?

The iPod Shuffle is a steal, most 256mb ones are at least $120.
Again, that depends on the brand. If you shop around and read comparisons you can find a good substitute for much less then that.
WAR EAGLE!

hismajesty

Alright, go find me a 512MB or greater MP3 player that has a sub-$100 price tag, besides the iPod Shuffle.

QuoteI am just saying that it is a waste of money to pay for something when an equivalent substitute is available for half the cost.

I agree.

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 07, 2005, 04:54 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 06, 2005, 01:38 AM

I am just saying that it is a waste of money to pay for something when an equivalent substitute is available for half the cost.
Sometimes the name IS the difference.  One may be more reliable.  For instance, I was looking at small economy cars before I bought my truck...kia is an inexpensive car...Honda costs more.  Both run & are fuel efficient, but which would you buy...the Kia that may break down sooner or the Honda that is gonna last 400k or more?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

shout

I would choose a Civic. I LOVE Civics. Better than my ugly snow-plow-hit oil-leaking misfiring transmission-shot gogo bubble (neon).

Note: The name go-go bubble comes from when I was having on conversation about my car, and how it looked like a brick with a bubble on it, she says "gogo" out of the blue. I guess you had to be there. It was funny as hell.

|