• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

iPods not wanted at MS

Started by hismajesty, February 04, 2005, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

As we can obviously tell, since Microsoft executives are getting mad that iPods are a growing trend on campus.

Source

*laugh*

Newby

Hahahaha.

I'm waiting for them to come out with some crazy MP3 player that uses their software, which will cost $$$.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

They frown on everything that doesnt have a big Microsoft Sticker on the side.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Warrior on February 04, 2005, 06:19 PM
They frown on everything that doesnt have a big Microsoft Sticker on the side.
Wouldn't you too?  (If you were in the same situation [owning millions of dollars worth of MS stock])
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

quasi-modo

iPods are gay. They are overpriced just like every other mac product. Nomads are just as good for a lower price.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Joe[x86]

QuoteThey are overpriced just like every other mac product.

* JoeTheOdd shakes fist.

You sir, obviously don't own an iPod. Their expensive, yes. How big is your MP3 player? 64MB? 128MB? Mine is 30GB. Does your MP3 player have a color screen? No. Haha, mine does.

Also, did you know that the company you refer to as Mac didn't even make Macintosh computers until about 20 years after they started making computers? -.-. Flaming liberals..\

EDIT:
Quote"In the media group they all smoke the company dope on that one," the manager said.
Hey, gimme some dope.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

hismajesty

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 04, 2005, 09:24 PM
iPods are gay. They are overpriced just like every other mac product. Nomads are just as good for a lower price.

Mac Mini isn't over priced, nor is the iPod Shuffle. I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and know I'm getting a quality product that looks nice, is easy to use, and does just as much as most other players and possibly more. The arguments against iPods are dumb.

lord_sammy

"240 song refers to 1GB model. $99 refers to 512 MB model (up to 120 songs)." - http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

You've gotta appreciate the fine print. 

So apparently it's not worth it.  I don't own an MP3 player, but I find that they are a waste of money in general.  Almost everyone I know that has one either ended up breaking it or they ended up buying another one.  I stick with old fashion CDs / CD-Players.

hismajesty

What fine print are you talking about? I thought it was common knowledge that the 512mb one is $99.

quasi-modo

Quote from: JoeTheOdd on February 04, 2005, 09:29 PM

* JoeTheOdd shakes fist.

You sir, obviously don't own an iPod. Their expensive, yes. How big is your MP3 player? 64MB? 128MB? Mine is 30GB. Does your MP3 player have a color screen? No. Haha, mine does.

Also, did you know that the company you refer to as Mac didn't even make Macintosh computers until about 20 years after they started making computers? -.-. Flaming liberals..\

EDIT:
Quote"In the media group they all smoke the company dope on that one," the manager said.
Hey, gimme some dope.
40 gb, and it has excellent battery life, and it is pretty small. Current price for mine
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=55-102-128&depa=0
the ipod
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iPod
Notice a huge price difference?

Mine practically costs half as much.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

You wouldn't know if there are special accessories for the Nomad that allow you to hook it u to your vehicle's radio would you?...;)
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

j0k3r

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 05, 2005, 10:02 AM
You wouldn't know if there are special accessories for the Nomad that allow you to hook it u to your vehicle's radio would you?...;)
There are tons of non-specific mp3 radio transmitters.

Search newegg for "mp3 fm transmitter".
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

Quote from: j0k3r on February 05, 2005, 10:59 AM
There are tons of non-specific mp3 radio transmitters.

Search newegg for "mp3 fm transmitter".
YAY!...k thnx
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 05, 2005, 09:30 AM
Quote from: JoeTheOdd on February 04, 2005, 09:29 PM

* JoeTheOdd shakes fist.

EDIT:
Hey, gimme some dope.
40 gb, and it has excellent battery life, and it is pretty small. Current price for mine
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=55-102-128&depa=0
the ipod
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iPod
Notice a huge price difference?

Mine practically costs half as much.

iPod is way sexier though. iPod wouldn't control the larger part of the market if it wasn't a good product, even if most of the sales were from people jumping on the bandwagon. I wanted the iPod simply because I liked the way it looked, but I'm superficial and stuff when it comes to electronics anyway.

quasi-modo

I use a radio adapter for mine.

http://www.nomadworld.com/products/

http://us.creative.com/shop/shopcategory.asp?category=213&

They have like mini nomads and touch screen nomads, they can offer anything an ipod can.

Oh also
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=13&subcategory=57&product=125
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=13&subcategory=57&product=10768
WAR EAGLE!