• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Missing/Corrupted files

Started by !!!, February 03, 2005, 07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!!!

I was playing a game the other day, and had 2 other programs running on the background,  my computer started to get slow, till it froze, i reset it, and then 1 secound after the .Window98 Picture displayed, it took me to those options, where you can chose, start on save mode, mspromt, ect..., i did normal and it said that
"WINDOWS\DBLBUFF.SYS"
"WINDOWS\IFSHLP.SYS"

Were missing or corrupted, said that "WINDOWS HAS DETECTED A REGISTRY CONFIGURATION ERROR"

I dunno what to do, i did /scanreg like it said, but said that it couldnt fix the problem, iether i had to reformat or i don't know =\
Thnx alot for reading!

Thnx in advanced.

Kp

Why're you still running Windows 98?  It's well past end-of-life and it was a sucky OS even before MS stopped supporting it.  Reformat and switch to an NT-based kernel. :P
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

CrAz3D

Quote from: Kp on February 03, 2005, 03:41 PM
Why're you still running Windows 98?  It's well past end-of-life and it was a sucky OS even before MS stopped supporting it.  Reformat and switch to an NT-based kernel. :P
Maybe some people can't afford to switch or maybe his computer was one that was upgraded from 95 & this is HIS computer & the family just got a new one...?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

!!!

Mine is a pentium II and i think that win98 is running well, i dont want a slow computer...  ( MORE THEN IT IS AT LEAST).

And if i reformat i will lose things i've had their for 4 years... all my programs, important history ;(, everything i've done, i know i can backup my c:\ but i dont know how, and most of the things that i like are on the desktop, so i'm screwed, i'm gonna send it to a computer guy.. if you guys really do not know how to fix this problem* :(
Thnx for trying though
!!!~

iago

I can tell you exactly what the computer guy will do:
1. Reformat
2. reinstall Windows.

Make sure you're clear to them that there's critical information on the harddrive so they can back it up on cd (charging you $5/disk, likely).

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

!!!

This guy had fixed several of times, problems like this on my computer, he backedup the "My Documents" on c:\, and reformated, he does it for free, but, i dont really want to go to him again, since i go to him about every mouth at least.....  and it just looks bad.

But dammit, oh well i gues i'll try again

Newby

Quote from: !!! on February 03, 2005, 07:31 PM
This guy had fixed several of times, problems like this on my computer, he backedup the "My Documents"
That doesn't back up anything.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

iago

Could it be because you're using a piece of shit operating system? :P

If you want an OS that runs well on a older computer, use Linux.  I run Linux on my 300mhz laptop, it runs perfect.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*