• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My Car + Snow Plow

Started by shout, January 24, 2005, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shout

Today, between third and fourth hour, I got a summons to the office: "Will the owner of a Plymouth Neon, lisense plate XXX-XXX, please come to the office. So I get to the office. The secretary tells me: "You need to call Mr. Freeze on extension 202". So I do. He tells me that a snow plow has hit my car, in the middle of the rear passenger door. So I go outside to my car and he is there. He tells me that the school will pay for it, so all is well there. But there is a different question:

How the fuck do you hit a car with a snowplow?!?

My car was about 8 feet away from the nearest snowbank, and it is red, so its not like it blends in with the snow. Moreof, I was not allowed my car today for my lack of being employed, so now my mother took my keys. I am usally allowed the car after school to search for a job. The total cost for repair is $1592.22. Plus that door was broken beforehand and did not open so now I get that fixed.

The gods must hate me!!! In a 4 day peirod my OS eats itsself, my car gets hit with a snowplow, I cannot drive it, my friends house burns down, my room floods, and I get my last starcraft cdkey muted.

CrAz3D

Sorry to hear about your car & your friend's house...that sucks, @ least you get your door fixed?

LOL about the SC key.

Did the guy tell you how it happened?..I'd want to know.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

shout

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2005, 05:28 PM

I am assuming you mean my friend's house. She had a space heater in her room, and she left it on and a fire started. Apparently it only burned part of the top floor, so she still has a house. Right now her family is staying with a family friend until they can get that room cleaned up and the house livable. No one was injured, including her dog (which I am terrified of).

CrAz3D

Good to hear about your frined's house...my bad though, I meant how did that moron run into your car.  Any ideas?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Quote from: shout on January 24, 2005, 05:41 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2005, 05:28 PM

I am assuming you mean my friend's house. She had a space heater in her room, and she left it on and a fire started. Apparently it only burned part of the top floor, so she still has a house. Right now her family is staying with a family friend until they can get that room cleaned up and the house livable. No one was injured, including her dog (which I am terrified of).

I'm pretty sure he meant the snowplow hitting your car.

warz

You got an estimate on the car damage in one afternoon? That's pretty good.

iago

Driving a snow plow looks difficult.  If it's an inexperienced driver, it would probably be easy to not realize where all the parts are, since they stick off reasonably far :/
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Depends what kind of snow plow this is that we're talking about.  I wouldn't think they'd use a full fledged highway one to clear a parking lot, I think they'd use jus a truck with a snowplow on front of it. 

I admit that it wouldn't be as easy as driving a regular vehicle, but come on people, how do you hit a parked car IN the middle of the door in a parking lot?...those people probably work for the public school.  OOH, that in itself could've been the problem...last semester we were sitting in our english class & we heard this *SCREECH* *CLANG CLANG* & finally, *BOOM!*.  A public school maintenance truck's gas pedal got stuck & the driver didn't think to put the thing in Neutral & drove the thing in to the building to stop it.  (It went over about 7 sets of 1½' wide concrete stairs & over 2 benches...it didn't cursh the bench, it went OVER.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Haha, my gas pedal got stuck down once, so I hit the brake (risking damage to the brakes!) till I came up with a better idea (putting it in neutral, as it turned out).
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Yeah, I don't understand why the maintenance guy didn't do that instead of running into the building pillar thingy.  Guess you don't really think about those sorts of things...but he though enough to run the truck into the pillar instead of the wall...maybe they need new trucks/more training on what to do if the truck breaks.
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

Quote from: iago on January 25, 2005, 09:20 PM
Haha, my gas pedal got stuck down once, so I hit the brake (risking damage to the brakes!) till I came up with a better idea (putting it in neutral, as it turned out).

All you weird people without clutches...

shout

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: Adron on January 26, 2005, 02:04 AM

how would a clutch help you in that instance?  It's basically equal to throwing an Auto into neutral, and if the gas pedal is stuck it'll redline till you shut it off, or it blows up....isn't it?

Blaze

Sorry to hear that shout. Maybe you should stop doing those hate prayers...
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Adron

Quote from: KrAzY_NuK on January 26, 2005, 08:20 AM
Quote from: Adron on January 26, 2005, 02:04 AM

how would a clutch help you in that instance?  It's basically equal to throwing an Auto into neutral, and if the gas pedal is stuck it'll redline till you shut it off, or it blows up....isn't it?

People driving a car with a clutch won't have to think about what to do when they want to stop, whether the gas pedal is stuck down or not ;)