• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.

Started by tRiCksTa, January 22, 2005, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tRiCksTa

Judging from the lack of posts (not counting Hdx) I'm not gonna get any help at all?  :( what happened to the just post and we will help.  :'(

Newby

Quote from: -^heXaBLeS^- on January 22, 2005, 07:59 PM
Private Sub Form_Load()
txtusername.Text = frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem
frmMain.CleanSlateBot1.RequestKey profile, frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem, "Profile\Age", "Profile\Location", "Profile\Sex", "Profile\Description"
End Sub
Are you parsing the incoming profile data?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Eric

Quote from: -^heXaBLeS^- on January 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
Judging from the lack of posts (not counting Hdx) I'm not gonna get any help at all?  :( what happened to the just post and we will help.  :'(

There's a few reasons why you're not getting as much help as you'd like.

Your lack of respect towards the people who are trying to help you is pushing those who want to help you away.  Statements such as "Judging from the lack of posts (not counting Hdx) I'm not gonna get any help at all?" are not going to get you help faster.

The answers to most of your questions are all well within your reach.  Through a simple click of the search button, you can find various topics covering your questions in full-detail.  The people who've discussed these topics again and again have grown tired of participating in yet another discussion of material that has not changed since the previous times discussed every time the question comes up which is perfectly understandable.  So, before posting a new thread, you're expected to search.  CSB is one of those things, as is adding icons to your listview.

We won't always be here to give you a step by step layout of what you need to do.  You're expected to be somewhat well-educated before you come here, ofcourse no where near novice, but atleast understanding how to use your IDE — a listview's property window for example.  At some point you will have to learn how to help yourself, or atleast build yourself a foundation which we can help to build apon.

tRiCksTa

I didn't mean to be mean. I didn't even know I was mean.  :( I just don't get why people hate CSB so much. As long as a bot can connect, then it's fine.

Eric

Quote from: -^heXaBLeS^- on January 24, 2005, 10:13 AM
As long as a bot can connect, then it's fine.

That attitude, which is commonly seen in CSB users, is one of the reasons why people look down apon CSB, as well as those who use it.

Dyndrilliac

Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

tRiCksTa

What.. attitude..?   ??? And I have to start out with something small first. This is my first bot so shouldnt I be working with CSB?

MyndFyre

Quote from: -^heXaBLeS^- on January 24, 2005, 11:09 AM
What.. attitude..?   ??? And I have to start out with something small first. This is my first bot so shouldnt I be working with CSB?

Something small as a project should be a calculator or a database project, not a bot.  You should learn the language through something besides making a bot; in other words, you shouldn't be learning the language exclusively for making a bot.

For a more in-depth review as to why people tend to dislike copying code and probably as much why we don't like CSB, refer to my post on code leeching.  The reason it applies to CSB is that CSB users tend to do exactly the same thing as code leechers: they learn just enough to not know how to search for information and help themselves.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

tRiCksTa

@MindFyre: I made a calculator already  ;) . Plus, I know CSB is bad, but once I get a hang of it I might start on hashed bots. I do search, it's just not the answer I'm wanting.

Oh yeah, and I can view profiles now. I fixed it myself -.- , but..... it can only view profiles only if you update your own first. I dont know why .

Dyndrilliac

Quote from: -^heXaBLeS^- on January 24, 2005, 12:43 PMI do search, it's just not the answer I'm wanting.

Oh yeah, and I can view profiles now. I fixed it myself -.- , but..... it can only view profiles only if you update your own first. I dont know why .

Note that my post contained all the information you needed regarding profiles - both CSB and non-CSB.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

tRiCksTa

I know thx Dyndrilliac  ;) If anyone wants to help, how come my profile needs to be updated in order to see other people's profile. If you need code or something just ask.  :-\

Newby

Quote from: -^heXaBLeS^- on January 24, 2005, 12:58 PM
I know thx Dyndrilliac  ;) If anyone wants to help, how come my profile needs to be updated in order to see other people's profile. If you need code or something just ask.  :-\
Your profile does not need to be updated in order to see another person's profile.

Show us coding when you request the keys, and when you receive and parse the keys.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

tRiCksTa

txtusername.Text = frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem
frmMain.CleanSlateBot1.RequestKey profile, frmMain.lvChannel.SelectedItem, "Profile\Age", "Profile\Location", "Profile\Sex", "Profile\Description"

thats about all there is to it Lol  :P

Stealth

I believe it should be .SelectedItem.Text..? Try that.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

|