• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Dubya is Metal

Started by Hitmen, January 21, 2005, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOOM

Quote from: Adron on January 27, 2005, 05:00 PM
Well, the svastika is a symbol for the sun. If it hadn't been for the nazis using it, I think everyone would've had positive or no connotations for it. To find someone with a positive connotation for it today, look for people who haven't suffered from nazis. There are bound to be some.

Except the swastika is a symbol the is commonly thought of as evil all over the world.  I can't think of any positive connotation for it in today's world.  The "Hook 'em Horns" is a different story all together.  Apples and oranges.

Hmm, I suppose you may want to see it that way. Still, decisions he makes may have an effect on foreign countries, so in a way, his inauguration is important to others. It was quite obviously seen in other countries...

So even though he is a Texan, who is proud Texas Longhorns fan, can't make a gesture of celebration at his own party because a few people half way across the world might not know what it means?  Don't be ridiculous.

CrAz3D

YAY!... UT isn't that awesome I think, I think the REAL Texas school is A&M Aggies.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: DOOM on January 27, 2005, 09:54 PM
Except the swastika is a symbol the is commonly thought of as evil all over the world.  I can't think of any positive connotation for it in today's world.  The "Hook 'em Horns" is a different story all together.  Apples and oranges.

It's still the sun sign. Just remains to find people unaffected by nazis. I could well see some sports team somewhere picking it up and using it. Somewhere in China perhaps? There's a lot of people there, and I don't think China was severely affected by the nazis?

Quote from: DOOM on January 27, 2005, 09:54 PM
So even though he is a Texan, who is proud Texas Longhorns fan, can't make a gesture of celebration at his own party because a few people half way across the world might not know what it means?  Don't be ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure more people know that it's the sign of the devil than that it's a longhorns sign. You may want to revise "few".

An addition; for a costume to be appropriate for a masquerade, it doesn't necessary have to be non-evil. Dressing up like a devil, werewolf, vampire or other evil things is OK.

CrAz3D

Not all people think that it is supporting Satan, some believe that it is warning OFF evil, others it is just a rock symbol.

A costume representing evil through a werewolf is not offending...a costume where someone is dressed like a soldier that slaughtered your family is just a little offenseive to some people...unless of course you're a heartless bastard.

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

DOOM

Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 03:24 AM
It's still the sun sign. Just remains to find people unaffected by nazis. I could well see some sports team somewhere picking it up and using it. Somewhere in China perhaps? There's a lot of people there, and I don't think China was severely affected by the nazis?

If some Chinese sports team wanted to use the symbol, I've got no problem with it.  If it means something different to them than it did to the Nazis, that's great.  It is unreasonable to expect every culture to change so as not to potentially offend someone else's culture.  If the French change their culture and start bathing daily, I'd be a little more impressed, but I don't see very many Europeans suggesting that they change their culture to fit in more with Americans.  To me, this entire subject is a non-issue.  Bush is free to make whatever hand gesture he wants in his own country, at his own party.  If someone half way across the world doesn't like it, tough.  This is just another excuse for people to bitch about Bush and I think it really shows how desperate these people are when they have to stoop this low.

I'm pretty sure more people know that it's the sign of the devil than that it's a longhorns sign. You may want to revise "few".

I don't know... I've never heard of it being used as an actual sign of the devil.  I always think of music or the Texas Longhorns when I see it.

Forged

QuoteI'm pretty sure more people know that it's the sign of the devil than that it's a longhorns sign. You may want to revise "few".
Another 2 points
1.Before doing this he just took an oath of office in which he included "so help me god"

2.Who cares if he worships satan?  Last I checked a person of any religon could be president.  Just because Devil worship is not main stream doesn't neccisarilly make it bad...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Adron

Quote from: DOOM on January 28, 2005, 01:27 PM

I don't know... I've never heard of it being used as an actual sign of the devil.  I always think of music or the Texas Longhorns when I see it.

Well, when I saw the linked picture, I immediately assumed it was photoshopped. I couldn't imagine they were actually making those signs.

|