• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Logging on to BNLS

Started by Rizon, December 20, 2004, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizon

I'm working on a bot, and when I try and connect, it always hangs at "Logging on to BNLS".  I'm using cleanslatebot2.ocx with csb1.Accept = 579728

What could be wrong?

Kp

[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Mephisto

Perhaps it has an outdated BNLS server specified?  Use bnls.valhallalegends.com.

Rizon

How would you change the BNLS server?  :-\

Mephisto

Start by trashing CSB, learning VB, and writing your own bot wrapper.  :)  Then you'll know exactly how to do things and when things go wrong you can fix them easier.

Rizon

Is there any way to fix this using CSB, though?

The-FooL

MyndFyre

Quote from: The-FooL on December 20, 2004, 08:12 PM
Windows hosts file.

Yeah, but then you can't ever go to the main vL site.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Rizon

Yeah, any way that wouldn't mess anything else up?

Kp

Quote from: Rizon on December 20, 2004, 08:43 PMYeah, any way that wouldn't mess anything else up?

Yes.  Stop using CSB, like Mephisto told you.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Rizon

Well, I did go through and try changing the hosts file, but now I need a username and password.  How would I go about getting one?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Rizon on December 20, 2004, 08:53 PM
Well, I did go through and try changing the hosts file, but now I need a password.  How would I go about getting one?

You don't need a password to use BNLS.  BNLS now allows you to bypass the 0x0e BNLS_AUTHORIZE message.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Yegg

MyndFyre, what makes you think he'll know what BNLS_AUTHORIZE is when he's using CSB?

Warrior

Quote from: MyndFyre on December 20, 2004, 08:54 PM
Quote from: Rizon on December 20, 2004, 08:53 PM
Well, I did go through and try changing the hosts file, but now I need a password.  How would I go about getting one?

You don't need a password to use BNLS.

If he doesnt know what it is then he would only read the first sentence.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yegg on December 21, 2004, 03:29 PM
MyndFyre, what makes you think he'll know what BNLS_AUTHORIZE is when he's using CSB?

I was counting on him not knowing.  Maybe he'll give up trying to use CSB, as 2 or 3 other people have already suggested.