• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

SuprNova Closing

Started by hismajesty, December 20, 2004, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

:( Say it aint' so.

On the plus side 33.3% less of the internet is being used up. ;)

Falcon[anti-yL]

Yea its shut down now, sucks. Found another good torrent site though.

Stealth

I don't think the internet use will go down. Suprnova is one of hundreds of big torrent websites. I found another one pretty quickly.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

hismajesty

Quote from: Stealth on December 20, 2004, 05:47 PM
I don't think the internet use will go down. Suprnova is one of hundreds of big torrent websites. I found another one pretty quickly.

yea, I shouldn't have used that large of a number since that's the total but I'm sure suprnova occupied most of that precentage. I don't know of many decent ones.

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Soul Taker

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 20, 2004, 05:58 PM
Quote from: Stealth on December 20, 2004, 05:47 PM

yea, I shouldn't have used that large of a number since that's the total but I'm sure suprnova occupied most of that precentage. I don't know of many decent ones.
Suprnova was in no way decent.  It was awful and usually the blunt of jokes from good sites.

quasi-modo

well suprnova is not the only bt site going down. Quite a few are as a matter of fact. Kerrazy torrents.com is covering its ass right now and removing all of the software and every game ever posted because apparently people were going to be doing after them. That woulda ticked me off because that is my one stop source for music!
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

EpicOfTimeWasted

Suprnova was the kazaa of the BitTorrent world.  The only reason I'm sorry to see it go is because it was probably the most public, open tracker out there.  I wanted them to stay up as long as possible, so that law enforcement types would waste all their time on them, rather than going after the good trackers.

Now TorrentBits closing up... THAT is something to be disappointed about.  Wish Redbeard had given a copy of the site to those that want to restart it before he wiped the drive...

j0k3r

Many fun hours were caused by suprnova.org, you will be missed.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

UserLoser.

Someone should take down the cheap scam sites suprnova.com and suprnova.net

quasi-modo

WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Joe[x86]

Suprnova.org was a bit messy, I'll admit that. But I just need to say, anyone against it does have problems. www.bi-torrents.com, for a nice Suprnova mirror. (Its still there, too <3)
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

quasi-modo

WAR EAGLE!

Blaze

For all you people who use bittorrent, whats your favorite application for it? Mine would have to be torrentstorm.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

quasi-modo

I use bit tornado. What do you mean would have been? Bit torrent is not dead. One site that hosted torrents just got smacked... but there is a mirror.
WAR EAGLE!