• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

PSP Vs. DS - Handheld Battle

Started by Vicious, December 17, 2004, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

l)ragon

Quote from: Newby on February 05, 2005, 11:11 PM
$250?!

Christ.
If people support it like they did the PS2 (if anyone remembers) I bet it will be somewhere around $99-150 when the stores are finaly fully supplyed.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

j0k3r

Quote from: Blaze - S-1-0-0 on December 18, 2004, 03:32 PM
It has all the clasic games with more game.
Unless you're referring to Mario 64 and not all games in general, no it doesn't. It has a few of the classic games, but by no means all of them.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Blaze

It has Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, what more can you ask for in classics?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

j0k3r

Notice you said
Quote from: Blaze - S-1-0-0 on December 18, 2004, 03:32 PM
It has all the clasic games with more game.
Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda does not account for all the classics. Your wording sucks.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Blaze

Well, when it gets Super Mario Bros. 3 it will be better!

NetNX

Quote from: Blaze - (S-1-0-0) on February 06, 2005, 12:51 PM
Well, when it gets Super Mario Bros. 3 it will be better!
Slap. it was released before the ds...

Mangix

Blaze

Master_Nabo

$250 seems like a lot for a PSP, but I am going to buy it on the 26th anyways.  But the Memory Stick Duo used by the PSP are nutsly expensive, and will problaby be sold out ($130 for a Gigabyte).  But one of the US versions come shipped with a Spider Man 2 movie made for the PSP (on its specially made UMD disk).

From what I have heard, the load times are long (due to the disk spinning), but the screen is amazing, it is wireless (802.11b), it can play mpeg 4 video files saved on the Memory Stick Duo, 3.5 hour rechargable battery, USB connectivity, and it looks awesome.

Check the review: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000510024287/

Mitosis

Yes I have my PSP by me now, it's great. When I watch movies, it loads fine, just when I put the Hockey game on it loads slow. I love the screen, it's slow clear. I can't wait until I can get a bigger chip so I can put my movies on it and more music, the chips are expensive though.

Blaze

Meh

me and 3 friends from work are going to Swansea(Our nearest City, bout 10 mins drive away) at midnight(probabley before) to queue to get one. We plan on getting Ridge Racer/ GT4(Either of those) and I plan on an FPS. I have saved enough already though the price isnt confirmed. I have £280 and they are meant to retail at about £150, So I can buy 2 games and acessories. I cant wait. It should hit our shelfs later this month.

SNiFFeR

Hmm, just noticed this post. Anyways, a couple kids got DS when it first game out and I thought it was homosexual. Touch screens are cool for like 5 minutes until you hit it too hard and it breaks. A few days ago PSP came out and it caught my eye, I played with it for like 10 minutes and I'm craving one. So I'd definetly vote PSP to be the best handheld next to Sega Game Gear.

Blaze

I found my old Game Gear the other day. Still have 4 games. :P

|