• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

PSP Vs. DS - Handheld Battle

Started by Vicious, December 17, 2004, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious

The Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP are the new handheld systems.

left is the psp, right is the ds

The nintendo DS has duel screens, and a touch screen, but just comparing the graphics made up my mind.

Ridge Racer Ds vs. Ridge Racers (PSP)

j0k3r

Labelling the screenshots might help, although I'm assuming the PSP is the picture on the right, which is pretty amazing.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Eibro

Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

j0k3r

Quote from: Eibro[yL] on December 17, 2004, 05:30 PM
What about Xbox?
What about it? It's not being compared because it's not a handheld.

Thanks for posting this Vicious, I had no idea what the differences between the two were.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Vicious

Quote from: j0k3r on December 17, 2004, 05:22 PM
Labelling the screenshots might help, although I'm assuming the PSP is the picture on the right, which is pretty amazing.

I said the ds one then the psp one, then I posted the ds screen shot, then the psp screen shot. And the ds is the duel screen, so I thought ya could tell.

here's another example

The DS being the double screen first screenshot, the psp one being the wide single screen shot. They're not the same game, but they're both FPS.

Once again, PSP wins.  8)

hismajesty

I may buy a PSP when they come to the US, and maybe when the price goes down a bit. The PSP layout looks a lot like the Game Gear, I like the touch screen on the Nintendo DS but the unit as a whole looks a bit bulky.

Hitmen

The PSP started at the equivalent of about $185 in japan, and is being sold at a huge loss to Sony. Don't expect the price to drop for a long, long time after release.

Falcon[anti-yL]

hismajesty

Quote from: Hitmen on December 17, 2004, 06:48 PM
The PSP started at the equivalent of about $185 in japan, and is being sold at a huge loss to Sony. Don't expect the price to drop for a long, long time after release.

They aren't available here yet right? How much are they going to retail for? On ebay they're running for between about $600-$1000+.

Hitmen

Probably won't know the exact US retail price until right before it comes out. EGM said it would probably be lower than the $185 jap price, but you can't be sure.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 17, 2004, 08:09 PM
They aren't available here yet right? How much are they going to retail for? On ebay they're running for between about $600-$1000+.
With that money I could buy an xbox, PS2, and a Gamecube with lots of games for each lol.

hismajesty

Yea, it's retarded to buy them for that much. If I buy one, it won't be for awhile. I don't really care much for handheld gaming, but the PSP does look nice.

Zorm

"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

Blaze

Lol, I guess they have to work on the eject button.

Edit:

I got a nintendo Ds today and I found it quite fun with Super Mario 64 DS. It has all the clasic games with more game.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No