• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My CS:Source Server

Started by Meh, December 16, 2004, 01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meh

brown.phurix.com or 82.96.75.12:27015
Either of those theyre the same.  Anybody have any suggestions of mods they might like? or maps to put on there. I have 2GB of space for them.

Its 20 Man so get playing!!

Wish

something is very very weird. your hosting company must suck or something, because i can't connect, when done in console it says "Server uses different class tables" i think, and from the "find servers" window, it says "TEMP: Server out of date"

:(

Meh

About 4 hours after I had the server, steam released a new update. Theres problems somehow with the updating of my server. I havr contacted theyre support.

Meh

OK, the server is updated and working. same IP. Come people!

Blaze

You should turn on auto-update. ;-)

edit: I went on your server but I had to leave due to outragous lag.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Wish

yeah. i usually get like 160 ping. i just can't play my best in that.

Meh

Thats cos your probably American. The server is based in London, my ping is usually around 50 :D

Linux

cool I'll be there sometime

Blaze

Quote from: Meh on December 26, 2004, 04:54 AM
Thats cos your probably American.
My profile cleary states

Meh

Still the same, I was relating to geographical location.

Dyndrilliac

Pretty much if you live in North America expect lag.

Or any other area besides Western Europe.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

hismajesty

160ms is a lot? On Call of Duty I generally have around 60ms and sometimes up to 170ms+ on laggier servers.  It doesn't affect me until it gets over 200ms.

Blaze

Well, because of the fps rate on the two games, ones easier to run even when laggy.

hismajesty

Yea, I started playing CS:Source yesterday. It's fun, but I suck. Sometimes I'll do OK, but not often. I guess I'll have to practice - afterall, it did take me a few months to get good at CoD. Hm, so what's different in source than CS? I've never played regular CS, but it was installed back when I installed HL1.

Meh

Better graphics and the source physics engine. I expect to see you people on my server aswell :P