• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tolerance

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, December 09, 2004, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

Majority tolerating the minority vs. minority tolerating the majority.

Discuss :)

quasi-modo

My views: I don't like trashy people. I dislike trashy white people, trashy black people, trashy hispanic people, trashy asian people, trashy whatever. I do not have a problem with anyone who is not trashy.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

Quote from: quasi-modo on December 09, 2004, 05:51 PM
My views: I don't like trashy people. I dislike trashy white people, trashy black people, trashy hispanic people, trashy asian people, trashy whatever. I do not have a problem with anyone who is not trashy.

Totally agree.

I also hate how people try to rob the government and use stuff that happened over a hundred years ago as justification. Or when people (of any race, but I normally see this amongst black people) rob the government by filing for welfare and then they go around driving Escalades. That really ticks me off when I'm shopping. :P

Hazard

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions. --Gilbert K. Chesterton

Enough said.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

j0k3r

Everyone has their right to opinion, trying to force yours down someone's throat is stupid.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

DOOM

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on December 09, 2004, 05:29 PM
Majority tolerating the minority vs. minority tolerating the majority.

Discuss :)

The government of the United States was set up so that both the majority and the minority could have a voice.  However, lately things seem to be sliding away from that idea, but not in the way one would automatically suspect.  Today everyone is so afraid of "offending" someone with a minority opinion that steps are being taken to move symbols of the majority (such as Christianity) out of public while promoting minority views in their place.

quasi-modo

christianity is the majority religion... but I do not think christians are a majority these days. Maybe if you include of the people who say they are christian but go to church on easter and christmas they are close.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

DOOM

How do you decide who is and who is not a "real" Christian then?  Do they need to go to church every Sunday?  Every other Sunday?  How much is enough to be a "real" Christian?

dxoigmn

Quote from: DOOM on December 09, 2004, 09:29 PM
How do you decide who is and who is not a "real" Christian then?  Do they need to go to church every Sunday?  Every other Sunday?  How much is enough to be a "real" Christian?

Bible says every Sunday is holy so you should be praying and such, not watching football, drinking beer, and cooking hamburgers.

j0k3r

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 09, 2004, 10:36 PM
Quote from: DOOM on December 09, 2004, 09:29 PM
How do you decide who is and who is not a "real" Christian then? Do they need to go to church every Sunday? Every other Sunday? How much is enough to be a "real" Christian?

Bible says every Sunday is holy so you should be praying and such, not watching football, drinking beer, and cooking hamburgers.
Good job being ignorant dxoigm.

Doom -- A Christian is someone who believes in the bible, and that Christ died for their sins and therefore they have a changed life. These people do their best to live a new life that is in line with the bible, and often read the bible regularly and pray in hopes of a greater understanding of God.

The very basics I suppose would be believing Jesus died for your sins and doing something about it. I used to think the latter wasn't important, but apparently it is.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

dxoigmn

Quote from: j0k3r on December 10, 2004, 02:25 AM
Good job being ignorant dxoigm.

Again, you're breaking the forum rules.  Attack the opinion not the person.

DOOM

Doom -- A Christian is someone who believes in the bible, and that Christ died for their sins and therefore they have a changed life. These people do their best to live a new life that is in line with the bible, and often read the bible regularly and pray in hopes of a greater understanding of God.

The very basics I suppose would be believing Jesus died for your sins and doing something about it. I used to think the latter wasn't important, but apparently it is.

That was basically my point though.  quasi-modo was suggesting that there are many people that consider themselves Christian, but don't go to church.  So basically I was asking just who gets to decide how Christian is Christian enough.  My personal opinion is that going to church every Sunday doesn't mean a damn thing if you spend the other 6 days out of the week treating other people like shit.

hismajesty

Quote from: j0k3r on December 10, 2004, 02:25 AMDoom -- A Christian is someone who believes in the bible, and that Christ died for their sins and therefore they have a changed life. These people do their best to live a new life that is in line with the bible, and often read the bible regularly and pray in hopes of a greater understanding of God.

I don't think many religions beleive in the last part, reading the bible regularly for fun and such. Well, except maybe the Puritans, and - even though America was founded on Puritan characteristics, the religion isn't around in an organized fashion anymore. Probably because they were crazy (read 'Sinners in the hands of an Angry God'). In fact, the Catholic church was originally totally against allowing the people to read the bible themselves, that's why after (forgets name) translated it from Latin to English he was beheaded. The Catholic Church figured if people know whats really in the bible they can't just say whatever they want, thus losing their influence.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on December 09, 2004, 07:46 PM
Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions. --Gilbert K. Chesterton

Enough said.

So tolerance is the virtue of all good men?