• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I Quit!

Started by shout, December 07, 2004, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

I didn't know anybody who smoked until highschool (grade 10 or so).  None of my friends have ever smoked. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

shout

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 09, 2004, 04:43 PM
Lots of Republicans smoke.

I was making a point that republicans (that voted for Bush) are bad.

I wanted to be a BAD MOTHERFUCKER when I started.  At 16 I calmed down, stopped the drinking, stopped the pot... but I could not quit smoking.

hismajesty

Quote from: shout on December 09, 2004, 06:43 PM

I was making a point that republicans (that voted for Bush) are bad.

I am really not following you. What does smoking have to do with voting? Smoking is bad, I'm assuming you voted for Bush then?

shout

iago

I wanted to be a BAD MOTHERFUCKER when I started. At 16 I calmed down, stopped the drinking, stopped the pot... but I could not quit smoking.

I'm not really sure why I ever tried it.  I've always been curious about addictions, and why people do stupid stuff, I figure that's why.  I dunno.  I'm glad I decided it was best not to.

SNiFFeR

Quote from: iago on December 09, 2004, 07:31 PM
I wanted to be a BAD MOTHERFUCKER when I started. At 16 I calmed down, stopped the drinking, stopped the pot... but I could not quit smoking.

I'm not really sure why I ever tried it. I've always been curious about addictions, and why people do stupid stuff, I figure that's why. I dunno. I'm glad I decided it was best not to.

Curiousity killed the iago!

No seriously though, don't even try smoking you'll hate it, and if you get addicted (probably not the first time) you'll hate yourself after that.

hismajesty

What I don't understand is why people start smoking cigarettes. After awhile they all want to quit and then hate themselves for starting.

Yoni

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 10, 2004, 05:49 AM
What I don't understand is why people start smoking cigarettes. After awhile they all want to quit and then hate themselves for starting.
For the social status (questionable), the pose (questionable), a cure for stress (questionable), etc.

From time to time you see a newspaper interviewing some 104 year old.
Newspaper: "What's your secret?"
Old dude: "I smoke cigarettes twice a day!"

And similar things. That gives people the feeling that smoking can't be that bad. After all, you make it to age 104, right?

Then people say, "hmm... This doctor is telling me that if you brush and floss your teeth after chewing tobacco, it reduces the risk of oral cancer by 70%!" and feel good about themselves and continue their destructive activities.

Jigsaw is unavailable for comment.

Meh

I smoke, when I drink,I dotn know why, it just goes together. I went out with work and got drunk and burnt my hand on a cigarete I let burn down to far. That made me stop that night. I think that smoking goes well with drinking. Most people I know who dont smoke do when they drink.

iago

Quote from: Meh on December 10, 2004, 06:43 AM
I smoke, when I drink,I dotn know why, it just goes together. I went out with work and got drunk and burnt my hand on a cigarete I let burn down to far. That made me stop that night. I think that smoking goes well with drinking. Most people I know who dont smoke do when they drink.

That seems really stupid :)

Meh

I know, but lots of peole do. Perhaps its like eating strawberries and drinking champagne together brings out the tastes  :-\

iago

Like beer and nachos!

hismajesty

QuoteFor the social status (questionable), the pose (questionable), a cure for stress (questionable), etc.

I was stressed out last night, my stomach was in knots I was shivering and couldn't stay still. Ah, the joys of being an adolescent and talking to non-geek girls. ;) Anyway, to cal my nerves I didn't get a cigarette, no! I got a Coke, which seemed to work for the most part.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 10, 2004, 04:27 PM
QuoteFor the social status (questionable), the pose (questionable), a cure for stress (questionable), etc.

I was stressed out last night, my stomach was in knots I was shivering and couldn't stay still. Ah, the joys of being an adolescent and talking to non-geek girls. ;) Anyway, to cal my nerves I didn't get a cigarette, no! I got a Coke, which seemed to work for the most part.

Cocaine is considerably better than cigarettes!

But seriously, pop is mostly sugar and caffeine, and I'd bet that drinking a glass of Coke is at least as bad as smoking a cigarette.  Of course, if somebody drank a pack a day, I'd be worried.

K

Quote from: iago on December 10, 2004, 05:25 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 10, 2004, 04:27 PM

Cocaine is considerably better than cigarettes!

Not if you're stressed out ;P

|