• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

They say he cheated in the debates?

Started by quasi-modo, December 01, 2004, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: UserLoser on December 01, 2004, 11:17 PM
Not saying he was, or wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest, but:

I don't see why he would need to wear a bulletproof vest at a debate.  He's standing still, not moving around, so it's probably not a hard target for anyone who would be willing to assassinate the president.  Why would you wear a bulletproof vest when someone can just shoot you in the head (like I said, not moving around, can't be that hard of a target)?  That's an even more guaranteed kill if one were to shoot you in the upper torso...
Its a lot easier to shot him in the chest then in the face. Play some more mohaas or call of duty or something.

woops: I did not see that someone ranted about this already :P
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Grok

The President SHOULD wear a wire at all times in public so that he can be in constant communication with the secret service protecting his life.  If he was wearing a wire, and I hope he was, I also hope it was for this purpose.

Cheating?  If he cheated, then maybe it wasn't Bush who sounded like a complete bumbling idiot, after all.  Does that mean there's hope that Bush is actually intelligent enough to understand the issues in abstract and practicality?

And they call Republicans paranoid.

quasi-modo

Bush is a very smart man, I have seen him do very well in some interviews, he sounds very educated when he is talked to 1 on 1. But get him in a debate or a speach and he just does not seem as articulate.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

Quote from: quasi-modo on December 04, 2004, 02:52 PM
Bush is a very smart man, I have seen him do very well in some interviews, he sounds very educated when he is talked to 1 on 1. But get him in a debate or a speach and he just does not seem as articulate.

He does fine when it's not scripted, when he has less pressure.

When he was govenor of Texas, he was perfectly articulate. Sometimes I worry he has a medical condition coming on, maybe early alzheimers - not sure. Maybe it's just because of him getting older. But, obviously, the 'Bush is a moron' statments don't hold true.

Arta

I think he does well when he's had time to prepare -- when he's had questions in advance and his advisors have helped him prepare answers.

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 05, 2004, 01:59 AM
I think he does well when he's had time to prepare -- when he's had questions in advance and his advisors have helped him prepare answers.

His advisors helped him prepare speeches, and he praticed them - to no avail.

Arta

I don't think a debate is comparable to an interview. An interview can be scripted, and learned. A debate can be prepared for, but you still never know exactly what will be asked, nor what your opponent will say.

Soul Taker

If you read the news sources from back when every news source was talking about this, Bush wasn't wearing a vest at the debate, and said publically that he wouldn't wear one.

Wish

Quote from: Stealth on December 01, 2004, 11:06 PM
He must have been wearing a wire. He's a braindead, cheating Republican.

good analysis there, sherlock.

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 05, 2004, 07:55 AM
I don't think a debate is comparable to an interview. An interview can be scripted, and learned. A debate can be prepared for, but you still never know exactly what will be asked, nor what your opponent will say.

speeches != interviews

Quotegood analysis there, sherlock.

Sarcasm

quasi-modo

Quote from: Soul Taker on December 05, 2004, 08:49 AM
If you read the news sources from back when every news source was talking about this, Bush wasn't wearing a vest at the debate, and said publically that he wouldn't wear one.
That is not what I have heard. LINKS!
WAR EAGLE!