• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Get news

Started by Rince, November 22, 2004, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hdx

Cool, got it connected, I do have one question, I have some things that i would like to do with this, How much bandwith does it take to send a keepalive?
AE:
wsSite.SendData Chr(&H38)
I think it isnt any because the site isnt sending anything back, But i need comfermation. Anyone know?
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

R.a.B.B.i.T

sckNEWS.Connect "www.some-random-site.com", 80
Not too hard, is it?

LivedKrad

Let him bask in the glory of connecting to a webserver. You were new once, Rabbit!

Hdx

fofo your an ass >.<
rimind me to kick you ass
Umm ya, and i'm not new, I am just not trying to dammen hard. And my site is a sub site  ( http://www.dradly7.uni.cc/HdxBmx27 ) So it took me a second to figure out what egzactly i had to send to the server to access sertin files in my site.;
took me 1 packet log of Inet an 15 seconds :P
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

LivedKrad

Not new? I'd say 35 posts is new sir!

Hdx

if you mean new to this site as a poster then yes,  but i've been a member saence march and used this site as a refrance for much longer then that,
I'm just not one to post often, But i have been more active in the last month or so,  thats when I got most my posts.
I never asked questions here :P I've asked them of FoFo and Fool directly.
So plz dont go by posts, posts are jsut how much you like to talk.
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

hismajesty

Pssh, everybody knows only the YaBB Gods' matter. And Mejal. :P

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on November 23, 2004, 09:56 PM
Cool, got it connected, I do have one question, I have some things that i would like to do with this, How much bandwith does it take to send a keepalive?
AE:
wsSite.SendData Chr(&H38)
I think it isnt any because the site isnt sending anything back, But i need comfermation. Anyone know?
~-~(HDX)~-~
It's:
sckSite.SendData "GET page.php HTTP/1.1" & vbCrLf
sckSite.SendData "Connection: keep-alive"

I think, then if the reply contains "Connection: Keep-Alive" then it will remain open, otherwise it will close.

Hdx

Naw tryed that FoFo, Only way i've had the server stay connected is to have a time set to 2000 as an interval and just keep sending "8", See this isnt a problem, cept does it take up bandwith?
If someone has a server that mesures bandwith and wana test this for me, plase do. I dont have access to any
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

LivedKrad

Quote from: HdxBmx27So plz dont go by posts, posts are jsut how much you like to talk.
Posting for me is usually much more than that. It's how much I like to help people or how much I can offer on the subject.

phvckmeh

http://clancybr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2081#2081

That will retrieve the version information stored in a txt file

LivedKrad

Why do you continually come back? I like the fact that when you do, you post things that are pertaining to the subject and *usually* help, (no matter how much you just advertise :)). However, the stupid things you say like "never coming back to these faggot forums" while you "make us sweat". Why must you do this? :(

Dyndrilliac

Quote from: Networks on November 23, 2004, 10:49 AM
ew?? INET, I use winsock which seems much better than using ANOTHER active X control. MSDN should help for that.

Winsock, unless used at the API level is "using ANOTHER control", just like the Inet control which can also be used at the API level.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.