• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Get news

Started by Rince, November 22, 2004, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rince

ok last thing  ;)

wanna add news eg.. stealthbot
How i do that?  ( im new to vb so be kind )

Yegg

do u mean ur own news or battle.net news?
If its for bnet news bnetdocs has some info.
http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/content.php?Code=16

LivedKrad

You know, if you're new to VB I think it would be wise to start with something smaller and less complex than a bot. Of course, you can open up any source and start learning, but as with Yegg and the packet buffer class he used you probably won't understand what's going on with code that's foreign you. For instance, if I'd like to learn German I wouldn't get the German translated version of A Tale of Two Cities and attempt to understand its verb tenses, conjugations, noun declination etc. So I'd probably start off designing small applications, then when you become proficient at using the basic functions, design more complex applications using more of the VBA library. Learning a language is structured and built upon: it cannot be done with one project alone.
By the way, this was not a crack at you being new to VB, it's just a friendly suggestion that I think would help you more in the quest of learning VB.

Warrior

Dude a Tale of Two cities rocks <3
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Rince

using a bot tut ~ with csb
and i was wondering :o
but this is kool shoudl of started vb long time ago

LivedKrad

Ugh, utilizing an extremely simple and ready-made-out-of-the-box ActiveX control to "program" a bot is not want I meant!

Meh

If u mean how stealthbot gets its own news then it uses i neleave inet.ocx. I tried this but couldnt figure out how to do it.

Networks

ew?? INET, I use winsock which seems much better than using ANOTHER active X control. MSDN should help for that.

Hdx

Well I beleave this is how Stealth does it, if you want to do it that way  you would do this:
Dim Bla as string, Bla2() as string, X as integer
Bla = INet.OpenURL("http://www.deadly7.uni.cc/HdxBmx27/EULA.txt")
Bla2 = Split(Bla, VBCrLf)
For x = 0 to UBound(Bla2)
'bla heres some news!
next x

Works perfectly for me, cept ya need to tell it to do something in the loop :P

As for winsock, what would you do to have it connect to a site?
And is it pobbible to maintain that connection for a long period of time, accessing diffrent files on that site?
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Yegg

LivedKrad, using csb to start is a good idea. That's what i started out with. It gives you a chance to see what visual basic has to offer.

Warrior

Yea, and just look how you turned out -.-
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Yegg

*slaps warrior* shut up noob.

LivedKrad

You learned Visual Basic by using CSB? I guess my post here wasn't warranted then:
http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?topic=9585.15

Anyway, you would make winsock connect to a website using the standard webserver port (mostly 80). Data transfer is the same with webservers just like it is with Battle.net I believe. You send request and header packets to the webserver and the webserver replies with the data requested. You'd just have to do a little more lower-level packet work.

Hdx

OK coll, I'll try it out on my bot, If i can do this it would be so much easier to do alot of my bot's functiona :)
If anyone has any other info they know about winsock an websites, please tell me.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status