• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Game: ScreenShot Included

Started by TheMinistered, November 18, 2004, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMinistered

I've been working on a game for a while, I've got a lot of the networking code in place already.  Below is a screenshot of allright quality:

Additionally, we are looking for programmers, concept artists, modelers, and anyone who can brainstorm up a hella-good idea!  You can contact me on aim (look in my profile) for additional information!

TheMinistered

Mitosis

Hmm....doesn't look pleasing to me. Although this is just the begining to your imagination. I'm not going to say it won't get better which it probably will. Good job though. Keep up the good work.

-- You should work on the character modelling more, fix the body and stuff, add more textures and make everything look more realistic.

[EDIT]

I just over looked your castle walls...castles aren't built with the blocks perfectly in order, make them more 3d. Make them un even, have deformed blocks and everything. Make the grass have more shape to it and richness, such as soil showing and make strands going up.

Spht

Blaze

Your models need a ton of more polygons...
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

UserLoser.

Quote from: Mitosis on November 18, 2004, 08:29 PM
Hmm....doesn't look pleasing to me. Although this is just the begining to your imagination. I'm not going to say it won't get better which it probably will. Good job though. Keep up the good work.

-- You should work on the character modelling more, fix the body and stuff, add more textures and make everything look more realistic.

[EDIT]

I just over looked your castle walls...castles aren't built with the blocks perfectly in order, make them more 3d. Make them un even, have deformed blocks and everything. Make the grass have more shape to it and richness, such as soil showing and make strands going up.

I'm sure they would like to get the basics done before moving onto more advanced features, texturing, images, etc., in the game.  TheMinistered doesn't do the graphics, he's a programmer, too.

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Vicious

You seem to be farther then a lot of other people who've tried to make a game. Don't give up. Keep going. Good luck.  :)

Mitosis

Quote from: UserLoser link=topic=9604.msg89337#msg89337
[EDIT

I'm sure they would like to get the basics done before moving onto more advanced features, texturing, images, etc., in the game.  TheMinistered doesn't do the graphics, he's a programmer, too.

I didn't know that, sheesh. Just giving my opinions.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Meh

I reckon an RPG is in the making, It looks like that kinda game.

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

TheMinistered

The general design concept is going to be a MMORPG, how massive it is? I dunno?  It depends on how many people want to play!  The networking code is about to be finished then cleaned up a little bit today-- I'm opening up a CVS as well for our developers.

Here is another screenshot:

I was wondering if anyone would notice that I have dynamic shadows implemented in as well, they're the ownage :P

Spht

The most important thing is the game environment physics.  I would do that first, before texturing things and adding movement animations and such.

Write formulas to compute what slopes are "walkable" and how steep or high something has to be before you fall off it instead of walking off it.

Don't write code which says "this object is a staircase.  allow hero to walk on this."

You'll find that it becomes much easier to create "maps" when lots of effort went into how the hero interacts with a typical environment.  It also makes the game much more enjoyable for the player.

Atom

I am very interested, what language and what compiler? Are you sure you want to make another MMORPG? They all suck! I think a reg RPG would be much better.
I am back! aINC is dead, ThinkTank PRO is alive.
VB, JAVA, ASM, C, its all yummy to me.