• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Game: ScreenShot Included

Started by TheMinistered, November 18, 2004, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

Meh

Quote from: Mitosis on November 21, 2004, 12:39 PM
WoW is amazing.
Dont turn this into a whats hot and whats not debate.

j0k3r

Quote from: Atom on November 21, 2004, 12:31 PM
I am very interested, what language and what compiler? Are you sure you want to make another MMORPG? They all suck! I think a reg RPG would be much better.
It looks more like an MMORPG, RPGs generally have a linear story line, and from the given screenshots this one doesn't look like it has one, or will have one.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

warz

Quote from: j0k3r on November 21, 2004, 03:21 PM
I am very interested, what language and what compiler? Are you sure you want to make another MMORPG? They all suck! I think a reg RPG would be much better.
It looks more like an MMORPG, RPGs generally have a linear story line, and from the given screenshots this one doesn't look like it has one, or will have one.

If you were to look at a screenshot of final fantasy, and had never played the game or heard of it, would you be able to describe the storyline?

Blaze

Final Fantasys have crazy storylines, I can't remember what happened in any of them even though I have played about 4 of them.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

j0k3r

Quote from: warz on November 22, 2004, 07:45 AM
Quote from: j0k3r on November 21, 2004, 03:21 PM

If you were to look at a screenshot of final fantasy, and had never played the game or heard of it, would you be able to describe the storyline?
I didn't say anything about describing the story line, I said you can generally tell whether a game is an MMORPG or regular RPG from the cities and such. Hell, that wasn't even the point I was trying to make. Take an in-town picture of World of Warcraft and compare to an in-town screenshot of diablo2. I'd say it is much more work to create a linear story line (Final Fantasy) than to make an MMORPG (Star Wars Galaxies).
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

R.a.B.B.i.T

What about something like the .hack games?  They are RPGs emulating MMORPGs.  Tricky, ain't it?

Anyways: good job so far TheMinistered + other people working on <insert name of game here>.  I'd like to get my hands on the first playable copy of this game :)

Skeptical

I would like to get a playable copy too also, I'm also not a graphics person, i prefer gameplay over graphics, and those graphics look great to me anyways! so please post when its at a playable standpoint

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

Yea if its possible id like a copy :) looking good.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

WoOdTroll

Instead of making it a 3rd person view game you should make it a one shooter, therfore you don't need to worry about alot except the area which you're playing in and making that area more realistic. But if you like those type of games then I'm all for it.

Grok

Quote from: Atom on November 21, 2004, 12:31 PMAre you sure you want to make another MMORPG? They all suck!

D00d, you definitely have a career path available in gaming reviews!  The eloquent delivery of your play analysis has floored this gamer.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Yegg

I think that by the time enough people know about or have heard about your game and you've added tons of cool and fun RPG things to it, you could get one of the most popular RPG's out there. Look at Runescape (2), its characters look very similar to the characters in your game, Runescape gets played by sometimes 93000 users at the same time. I think your game could become popular like this with enough help from other people.

TheMinistered

I haven't worked on my game in a while, been busy with other fun things ;)  I will continue work on it sometime soon?

|