• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Winamp Down for the Count

Started by hismajesty, November 11, 2004, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

The terribly old versions are better than the new versions (bloating sucks).  And Winamp doesn't run well on Linux (it runs quite nicely under Wine, but that's besides the point).
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Maddox

Quote from: iago on November 14, 2004, 10:06 PM
The terribly old versions are better than the new versions (bloating sucks).  And Winamp doesn't run well on Linux (it runs quite nicely under Wine, but that's besides the point).

Winamp 5 is much better than 2.x and Winamp 3. There are some bloating issues such as video playback and cd burning, but besides that it is definitely superior to xmms.

I like Amarok personally.
asdf.

Trance

Quote from: Skywing on November 14, 2004, 09:35 AM
Quote from: Trance on November 14, 2004, 05:43 AM
Xmms doesn't support NSV I think. That's the only real difference... too bad if true, lots of good stuff there. :P *shameless plug* can even see live DJ's... :P
Mm.. like ones who run shoutcast servers off of university engineering computers?
:) Exactly!

Skywing

Quote from: Trance on November 16, 2004, 02:14 AM
Xmms doesn't support NSV I think. That's the only real difference... too bad if true, lots of good stuff there. :P *shameless plug* can even see live DJ's... :P
Mm.. like ones who run shoutcast servers off of university engineering computers?
You are aware that the last person who tried that here last year almost got kicked out completely?

idoL

Ok so it is ending its run as a program, aslong as they fix all known bugs it's not a biggie.

Trance

Quote from: Skywing on November 16, 2004, 12:00 PM
You are aware that the last person who tried that here last year almost got kicked out completely?
At your university? No, didn't know, where do you go?

Skywing

Quote from: Trance on November 17, 2004, 02:53 AM
Quote from: Skywing on November 16, 2004, 12:00 PM
At your university? No, didn't know, where do you go?
Purdue.  I actually spent a bit of time tracking down the account running your current shoutcast server with UserLoser, but it wasn't anybody that I knew personally.  Anyways, you might want to reconsider running it from shay.

Trance

Ah, I don't run it, I just DJ for the station.. Will let them know though.