• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Winamp Down for the Count

Started by hismajesty, November 11, 2004, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Xmms is better anyway :)

Actually, they're the exact same, but who's counting?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hitmen

Well, I've been using 2.91 for quite a long time, so I can't say I care much. Anything put out since then is just meh.

hismajesty

I finally upgraded from 2.91 to the newest version (5?) yesterday. I can't say that I'm that impressed or that I notice anything different.

iago

That's true, I still use 2.91 on Windows.  The only difference I know of in an exploit in older versions' skin handlers.

hismajesty

Yeah, I got tired of the security warning message box coming up so I updated. :P

Hitmen

quasi-modo

I am sad winamp is gone  :-[. I use XMMS on linux, I didn't know it could work on windows, but I knew winamp couldnt work on linux.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

iago

I'm pretty sure XMMS has been ported.  All major opensource programs tend to be multiplatform.

hismajesty

I don't think so iago, I've looked for a port before with no luck.

MrRaza

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 11, 2004, 04:58 PM
I finally upgraded from 2.91 to the newest version (5?) yesterday. I can't say that I'm that impressed or that I notice anything different.

Well, I'm using the Pro edition, I like the fact that it's so easy to burn CDs and rip CDs straight into mp3 format, aswell the burning process is alot smoother compared to Nero, on my computer anyway. The Beat visualization is something neat to look at too. :)

Trance

Xmms doesn't support NSV I think. That's the only real difference... too bad if true, lots of good stuff there. :P *shameless plug* can even see live DJ's... :P

Skywing

Quote from: Trance on November 14, 2004, 05:43 AM
Xmms doesn't support NSV I think. That's the only real difference... too bad if true, lots of good stuff there. :P *shameless plug* can even see live DJ's... :P
Mm.. like ones who run shoutcast servers off of university engineering computers?

iago

Dunno what NSV is, but I know that Xmms can listen to Shoutcast.

Maddox

Quote from: iago on November 11, 2004, 10:57 AM
Xmms is better anyway :)

Actually, they're the exact same, but who's counting?

xmms is not even remotely close to being better than Winamp. It's just a clone of a terribly old version with added bugs.
asdf.