• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New tool for bot developers: BnFTP

Started by Arta, November 11, 2004, 07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

BnFTP is a command-line client for Battle.net's FTP server. Using it, you may download patch files, ad banners, icons, or any other available file. It supports BnFTP version 1 and version 2 (as used by Warcraft III).

For detailed instructions, use the -h switch:

bnftp -h

Comments, bugs reports, & suggestions are welcome here or by email ([email protected]).

Download (Updated 25/11/2004)

PaiD

pandaemonium

With what license is this fine piece of software published ?
May it be redistributed or bundled with other software ?

Arta

I don't mind if people redistribute it, as long as it's credited and not modified. A link to testbncs.valhallalegends.com (or www.valhallalegends.com/arta) somewhere in the readme/help would be nice.

Blaze

Nice job arta, the new look to your site is better then the old one. ;)
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Arta

A new version of BnFTP is available:

- Added the -a switch. When used with a patch file, this instructs BnFTP to autodetect the platform and product for the patch, so you don't have to use the -g and -p switches.
- Added a file transfer speed message
- Fixed a couple of small bugs

GoSu_KaOs

eh, how do you use it? When I open it, nothing shows up.

Arta

I'll say again: it's command-line (console) program.

OnlyMeat

A GUI version would be nice, i personally prefer the explorer type ftp programs they just make life easy :D

Arta

Those who can't handle a command-line should see this thread.

OnlyMeat

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 04, 2004, 08:02 AM
Those who can't handle a command-line should see this thread.

What are the commands/switches for it arta ? have you got a readme with list of them etc?

dxoigmn

Quote from: OnlyMeat on December 03, 2004, 11:00 AM
A GUI version would be nice, i personally prefer the explorer type ftp programs they just make life easy :D

I don't believe there is a way to request what files are on the ftp, so an explorer type program would be useless.

OnlyMeat

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 04, 2004, 08:35 AM
Quote from: OnlyMeat on December 03, 2004, 11:00 AM

I don't believe there is a way to request what files are on the ftp, so an explorer type program would be useless.

I have'nt had a chance to look at the protocol tbh so if thats not possible then it's a shame. You could of make a real nice GUI if it allowed you to get info on the latest patches and files.