• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Locked out of XP User account

Started by Fr0z3N, November 09, 2004, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr0z3N

Hi I have a friend who unfortunatly locked herself out of her main account and has been using a guest account. She has forgot her password and her reminder helps her not. Any help would be appecriated as to how I could make a program to get her password [vb6] or as to how she would do it with step by step instruction.

quasi-modo

You cant in vb6 but there is software that can do it. You will need to get your hands on a copy of ERD commander.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Fr0z3N

quasi-modo

WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Fr0z3N

Valhalla Legends does not support piracy.

iago

There's freeware software to reset your password.  I can't remember what it's called, unfortunately.

Or you can reinstall Windows XP :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Thing

That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

Quote from: i8tweety on November 09, 2004, 09:48 PM
Valhalla Legends does not support piracy.
Who said anything about piracy? I am just saying if you need this software there are many ways to aquire it. I was more thinking that you could just borrow the software from a person you do not know over the internet. Think of it as 'sharing' the files. Okay okay its piracy. But ERD commander can do what you seek.
WAR EAGLE!

muert0

Or you could just use the bootdisk I posted and it should be pretty simple.
To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on November 10, 2004, 03:08 PM
Or you could just use the bootdisk I posted and it should be pretty simple.
I bookmared that site. It might be fun for some pranks at the lan party I am going to be at this weekend  ;)
WAR EAGLE!

CrAzY

While booting up your computer, hit F8 until a Windows bootup selection comes up.  Choose safe mode and log on as "Administrator", after goto your control panel then edit your users, you can change password create user, everything.  Hope that helps
CrAzY

Zakath

I'll take this opportunity to plug my registry patch, which restores this to Windows XP.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Skywing

Quote from: Zakath on November 11, 2004, 11:15 PM
I'll take this opportunity to plug my registry patch, which restores this to Windows XP.
The win2k-style "friendly" user manager always tended to crash for me.  You should use compmgmt.msc instead.

Zakath

It tended to crash? Really? I've never had problems with it. I just can't stand the ugly XP default, so I changed it.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.