• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Edit: Bad Source

Started by Mephisto, November 07, 2004, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephisto

Al Gore stated he would not run in the 2004 election because it would seem like it was just a re-match as oppose to a *real* presidential campaign for a nation's leader even after some liberals demanded he run for president again and with all his support.  However, if this Website is true and I interpreted it correctly, he is planning to run in 2008 and will have his new campaign Website up tomorrow.  Go to http://algoredemocrats.com (btw, if you're a republican, don't go to their forums ;)).

(11/8/04) Edit: Bad Source (sorry).

Mephisto

hismajesty

I told my APCS teacher (Democrat++) that I heard a rumor Al Gore was going to run in 08. To quote her - "Not if they [DNC] want to win." :P

Mephisto

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 08, 2004, 03:46 PM
I told my APCS teacher (Democrat++) that I heard a rumor Al Gore was going to run in 08. To quote her - "Not if they [DNC] want to win." :P

I'm confident Al Gore will win the 2008 election.  Though it's not really worth anything, as the heat of the campaigning won't begin for another two years most likely.

hismajesty

That's if Al Gore even runs, just because an independent site went up doesn't mean he will. I'm pretty sure the DNC website would have a list of people who will be on the primary ticket if they'd already selected them.

Hazard

Al Gore will not run. He lacks the backing in the party and the finances to mount a good campaign. There is no chance the Democratic National Committee will take him seriously again. Your "websites" that make things "offical" aren't even close to offical websites.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

It would be funny if he ran from a third party or something. It would tear the democrats apart.

Al Gore does not have a prayer's chance in hell of winning in 08. It does not help that after the election he just sort of came off as being bitter and whinny. Like he has some sand in his vagina about loosing.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Mephisto

Trance

Yeah, if he were to run it definitly wouldn't work. Democrats are very unforgiving when it comes to thier failed candidates.

Stealth

Quote from: Trance on November 09, 2004, 12:22 AM
Yeah, if he were to run it definitly wouldn't work. Democrats are very unforgiving when it comes to thier failed candidates.

Republicans, however, don't seem to be. I'll be the first to offer it up: Keyes/Dole '08! ;)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Vicious

I wonder who the replublcan canidate will be.

Stealth

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 09, 2004, 01:39 PM
Jeb Bush 08' :D

He's said that he won't run. McCain, Guiliani, and Frist have had their names thrown around quite a bit. Guiliani/Frist would be a pretty good ticket, and McCain/any would be pretty much unbeatable.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

hismajesty

If Guiliani runs, we might get NY. I'd actually like to see Guiliani run, more than probably anyone else - except maybe Zell Miller. ;)

Hazard

Nah, Jeb won't run. I'm calling it now, I will bet anybody that Giuliani and McCain are in the primaries in '08, its a good fit.

The Democratic party is quite unstable right now.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne