• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

check port 6112

Started by vonLandenhausen, November 05, 2004, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonLandenhausen

i want to check if port 6112 is accesible from the college computer...
can someone post the code for doing so here  ;D thx

MyndFyre

Let's play a game of "What is More Likely?"

1.) You thoroughly know C++ but simply cannot figure out how to understand the C++ library documentation on opening a socket and connecting to a port on another machine.
2.) You know some other language thoroughly but still (beyond all reason) posted in the C++ forum.
3.) You don't know how to program and are just asking to leech.

In any case, why do you want *code*?  Why can't someone just compile a VERY quick .exe for you?

Or even better, if you have ANY Battle.net game or bot, why don't you just try to connect to Battle.net without using BNLS?  If it works, then port 6112 is accessible.  If it doesn't work, port 6112 is not.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Adron

Even better, why doesn't he use the simplest "bot" available on virtually every windows or non-windows installation? It's called "telnet"....

MyndFyre

Quote from: Adron on November 05, 2004, 11:25 AM
Even better, why doesn't he use the simplest "bot" available on virtually every windows or non-windows installation? It's called "telnet"....

You know, you're right Adron.  I didn't even think about it.  The seething wave of rage overtook me and blinded my clairvoyance.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Mephisto

Quote from: MyndFyre on November 05, 2004, 02:25 PM
Quote from: Adron on November 05, 2004, 11:25 AM

You know, you're right Adron.  I didn't even think about it.  The seething wave of rage overtook me and blinded my clairvoyance.

:)

vonLandenhausen

Quote from: MyndFyre on November 05, 2004, 11:14 AM

1.) You thoroughly know C++ but simply cannot figure out how to understand the C++ library documentation on opening a socket and connecting to a port on another machine.
yep... can someone post the code doing so : )

MyndFyre

Quote from: vonLandenhausen on November 06, 2004, 07:43 AM
Quote from: MyndFyre on November 05, 2004, 11:14 AM

yep... can someone post the code doing so : )

Start->Run...->telnet<enter>
open<enter>
uswest.battle.net 6112<enter>

vonLandenhausen

thats what i needed. thx

Yoni

Also a nice way to find out your external IP. Telnet to a Battle.net server on port 6112 and send a lowercase c.